Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Design Quality Engineer
Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805686208W
Design Quality Engineer (Senior), DePuy Synthes
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
Are you ready for that next step in your career and want to take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products and related services?
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthesis investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes’ Design Quality Engineering department is recruiting for a Senior Design Quality Engineer.
You will provide innovative skill and knowledge in specific technical areas to assist in the creation of joint reconstruction products which successfully meet or exceed the needs of the company; customers; regulatory authorities, and above all, those of the patients.
This will include providing a Technical Quality perspective by preparing appropriate Risk Management plans, reviewing drawings, identifying then tracking compliance of Critical-To-Quality features, and overseeing qualification & validation process with internal manufacturing sites and/or external suppliers.
What you’re great at:
As a Senior Design Quality Engineer you will have the ability to think creatively, driving forward the next generation of products. With a strong engineering and highest quality focus you will help transform concepts into safe and effective products that meet both the customer and the business needs.
You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player. You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
Possess a technically relevant minimum BEng or BSc Degree (MEng preferred), plus 5 years of appropriate engineering experience (mechanical, quality, manufacturing, reliability or test). Experience from within the medical device field is not a pre-requisite; all product and/or manufacturing process development experience is valued.
Experience of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and expertise in Process Validation is required. It would be an advantage to have technical training and experience using Statistics, Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies including Measurement System Analysis, SPC, DOE’s and Reliability.
As a Design Quality Engineer, your typical day may include:
• Working closely with suppliers or our manufacturing site in defining, developing and evaluating design and process specifications and their controls.
• Applying various Quality/Lean/Six Sigma tools and methods to identify and realize new product process introductions as well as process improvements.
• Ensuring the application of robust testing, risk assessments and subsequent mitigation activities.
• Leading or assisting in Design FMEA’s and the resolution of any issues identified during development.
• Transposing knowledge and expertise of manufacturing and inspection methods and their limitations into cost effective design and process solutions.
• Leading discussions relating to manufacturing topics and presenting proposed solution.
• Lead Design for Inspection activities for all NPD to ensure latest technology is available to reduce Human Factor.
In return for all this great work, you’ll own, and you’ll grow by:
• You may have responsibility on several projects run concurrently.
• You will be responsible for delivering manufacturing and quality commitments to agreed timescales in line with project plans.
• You could be responsible for specifying product designs and influencing the choice of raw materials, processes and equipment necessary to develop and manufacture products.
• As you progress in your career there will be opportunities for an increasing level of responsibility and technical leadership.
Within DePuy Synthes we are always looking for future leaders, so this position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. We will support you to develop both technically and personally. You will also be rewarded by knowing you are helping patients across the world.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career:
The role will be both challenging and rewarding, encouraging the successful applicant to innovate and seek opportunities to make a difference to their specialist area. At DePuy Synthes we pride ourselves on embracing new recruits and welcome those with the aspiration and drive to achieve their own potential. The collaborative environment we have developed here at DePuy Synthes, promotes individuals to innovate, influence and lead. By joining DePuy Synthes you will join an elite team of cutting-edge engineers and designers, driven by the opportunities that being a part of the world’s largest orthopaedic manufacturer gives them, to make a difference to the lives of many.
This is a great career pathway to amazing opportunities for people with a desire to make a difference to patients all over the world. If we have described your next move, then click on the APPLY button.
CLOSING DATE: 2nd NOVEMBER 2018
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)