Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Realtime Insights APAC
Requisition ID: 1805685493W
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently seeking a Associate Director, Realtime Insights for APAC Region has the responsibility to lead GSI for the APAC Region.
The Associate Director will play a key leadership position across the APAC region, as GSI lead. He/she will proactively provide integrated insights and understanding of the markets in APAC against a backdrop of deep knowledge of the overall business and JJVC’s portfolio. He/she will have strong relationships with regional and functional senior management and will be expected to provide strategic inputs into the annual business planning processes.
He/she will have responsibility for determining and executing appropriate Global Strategic Insights activities in support of the APAC Region’s go-to-market strategies. He/she will work closely as an integral member of GSI’s Global Team – and provide regional inputs & support to all GBM as well as I&P initiatives for the APAC region, which includes identifying local vendors, developing local relationships as well as coordinating global projects for GBM & I&P teams. He/she will work closely with the GSI’s global Equity & tracking lead to localize & execute JJVC’s global tracking protocols in APAC. He/she will be involved closely with the Global Tracking lead & HOB leads to help provide regional texture & perspective in interpreting the results from these studies after duely synthesizing/integrating across multiple disparate data sources to provide a holistic business perspective on the business.
The Associate Director Realtime Insight, APAC, will directly supervise & mentor the GSI Manager for China, who will be based in China embedded in the business – while maintaining a direct reporting relationship to the GSI – Associate Director for APAC.
Using deep understanding of the APAC region and key markets, this individual will combine their business acumen and expertise in research methodologies to proactively identify strategic issues and manage learning plan needs for the business. Making use of their deep understanding of the consumer, customer, category and market intelligence, he/she plays a key strategic role in driving business growth by anticipating emerging marketplace issues and identifying new consumer needs and business opportunities. He/she will need to ensure consumer foundational work is performed with a global mindset, while considering implications across individual markets. He/she will work closely with the APAC leadership team as well as the Regional & Country Marketing organizations to identify growth opportunities to meet business objectives & develop Strategic Business plans for the region.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, statistics, mathematics, or related field; MBA or MS is strongly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive experience in strategic insights, market research, business analytics, strategic forecasting, or a related field.
- Technical market research and analytical expertise and conversant in a range of quantitative and qualitative ad hoc research techniques and syndicated business analyses.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to influence cross-functional and management teams to impact decision-making; Willingness to “have an opinion” backed up by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis.
- Strategic business knowledge with the ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply advanced analytics to solve business issues.
- Strong track record of leadership in high performance consumer packaged goods or medical device environment.
- Position will require travel within the region with occasional travel outside of the region
- Knowledge of Mandarin & or Korean will be an advantage
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)