Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Economics & Market Access Manager - EMEA M/F
Paris, France; Netherlands; Switzerland; Belgium; Germany; France
Health Economics Mkt
Requisition ID: 1805685305W
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics.
As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
In this context we are looking for an Health Economics & Market Access manager for the EMEA region.
The candidate can be located everywhere in Europe, ideally with easy access to an international airport ( 50% of travelling).
Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) is a critical element of our market access strategies to ensure success in an increasingly challenging market environment. New regulations, a decision-making process where the clinician is no longer the only player, and a concept of value which is more and more based on evidence coming from clinical studies and derived economic value from our technologies and solutions, makes it a must that we equip ourselves with the required capabilities and convey a meaningful value-based message to our customers. Within this context, the purpose of this role is to be the EMEA Business Unit HEMA Manager, partnering closely with Marketing, Medical Affairs and Clinical colleagues to deliver strong substantiated value messages.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborates closely with relevant Franchise Global HEMA partners and EMEA Cluster leads providing regional insight into all stages of product lifecycle from discovery through to post launch, influencing Target Product Profile (TPP) and evidence generation to support EMEA needs for the Business Unit.
• Responsible for Business Unit Specific regional Market Access Strategies providing input into global plans during product development cycle.
• Responsible for co-ordinating the regional reimbursement assessment for pre-launch activity and supporting funding and reimbursement activity in the region including the development of HTA, reimbursement submissions, coverage and new code applications.
• Support local HTA submissions through key strategic partnerships with KOLs, societies and non-clinical stakeholders, shaping the market access environment in EMEA through engagement with European trade associations, representing EMEA team as needed in Eucomed working groups and task forces
• Develop regional Market Access plans, ensuring country plans proactively address market access barriers in target accounts as defined in the local GTM strategy .
• Provide input into evidence generation strategy for new product development and identify and lead EMEA opportunities for Health Economic evidence generation for both upstream and downstream technologies.
• Responsible for the EMEA level plans for Health Economic training activities internally and externally
• Responsible for Health Economic input into novel, local commercial initiatives requiring substantiation of value including but not restricted to Value Based Procurement, risk sharing agreements and pricing initiatives.
• Responsible for the development of regionally aproved HEMA tools, translating complex messages into simple statements that can easily be articulated by sales force.
• Responsible for dissemination of HEMA tools to ensure local implementation to appropriate target audience
• Develops regional payer advisory boards for non-clinical stakeholders and shares output
• Provides customer facing commercial support in key strategic accounts integrated into key account management plans
• interrogation of databases (reimbursement and patient pathway) providing insights into local access planning and local real world evidence as a foundation to local Health Economic studies.
•Bachelors Degree (preferrably science)
•Masters degree in Health Economics or equivalent (preferred)
•Medical Device experience, with high customer interaction
•Solid understanding of Healthcare market dynamics
•Proficient language skills in English, both verbal and written
•Proven expertise in developing local market access strategies to drive business
•Understanding of health economics, marketing and/or market research, and formation of marketing solutions
•Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
•Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources.
•Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate project teams
•Experience working successfully in matrix environments
•Track record of working effectively to shape the market and influence key decision makers
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Understanding the internal and external environment – high level of expertise leveraging Macro, HTA and internal environments of the EMEA region
• Applied skills and technical knowledge – Leading knowledge of Critical Analysis and Health Economics, theory, techniques and how to apply them at country level
• Persuasive communication – strong competence in negotiation skills and communication upstream and downstream. Leading level in written communication
• Funding acumen – Comprehensive knowledge of funding and reimbursment mechanisms in EMEA region. Applies expertise in developing appropriate market access strategy for the region
• Strategic Thinking – applies expert geographic knowledge to translate global value proposition intop locally applied value messages. Provide input into evidence generation and strategic planning for the region.
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France
Ethicon S.A.S. (7840)
Health Economics Mkt