Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior/Principal Scientist Polymer Chemistry
Requisition ID: 1805685060W
Every day, our more than 130,000 employees across the world are blending heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Within Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS)/ Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) focuses on end-to-end development of small molecule drug product development and support during life cycle management.
Our organization consists of a global network of passionate employees across different sites in EU, US and Asia and, in addition, of a network of CROs across the globe, providing us flexibility in capacity and capabilities.
We continue to Build Our Future by Growing our Strengths in different areas:
- Improving our Scientific Excellence
- Creating an environment in which Talent Development, Diversity and Inclusion provides a competitive advantage and is a source of inspiration for our employees
- Investing in innovation, technology, equipment and infrastructure
The Investigations, Packaging and Combination Products and Excipients (IPEX) team is part of SMPD - Analytical Development. IPEX is responsible for:
- Leading global analytical investigations for the Small Molecule R&D and Commercial product portfolio
- Development and implementation of new and innovative Analytical Technology Platforms
- Analytical centres of excellence in:
- Elemental analysis
- Foreign particle identification
- Packaging and combination products
- Polymer sciences
In the IPEX group in Beerse (Belgium) – there is currently a full-time opening for a (m/f)
Senior/ Principal Scientist – Polymer Chemistry
- Design, lead and perform experiments and analyses related to polymer and organic synthetic chemistry.
- Apply state-of–the art Organic & Polymer chemistry to ensure a targeted approach to problem solving and delivering relevant results. Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and show willingness to learn/explore new techniques
- Act quickly, lead and provide expertise and solutions for investigations on commercial products
- Develop test procedures and write scientific and investigations reports
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP and safety.
- Stay up to date with the scientific literature.
- Initiate and follow up collaboration with external partners and universities.
- Doctorate (Ph.D.) preferably in Polymer Chemistry or equivalent through experience
- Good knowledge and high level of proficiency of different analytical techniques such as HPLC/UPLC; GC; GC-MS; LC-MS and polymer characterization methods such as: Size Exclusion Chromatography, Analytical ultracentrifugation, solid state NMR and Scattering techniques.
- Ensure high scientific quality standards for experiments and take on responsibility for these experiments.
- Efficient, flexible and dynamic
- Demonstrate capabilities in strategic thinking
- Innovative solutions/technical skills
- Customer focus and results and performance driven
- Sense of Urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Good English scientific writing skills
- Team player
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)