Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805685030W
Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Project Director, Deployment to be located in Bridgewater, NJ, but can be located in EMEA, LATAM, ASIAPAC.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Project Director will have responsibility for leading large deployments of systems within the ERP, Deliver, Plan & Source functional area:
- Delivery of the system deployments in alignment with the CAR effectively & efficiently managing scope, schedule, quality & budget Ensure effective stakeholder management and timely communications with respect to system deployment both within SCSS and with key customers and partners
a. Collaborate/Provide leadership in the development of the Business Case and CAR where appropriate. Lead/Drive the cost estimation exercise to get to +/- 10% level of accuracy.
b. Pro-actively lead the pre project go live Governance process to ensure that the needs and requirements for system deployment are incorporated and planned in a timely manner
c. Provide oversight to Contract Project lead who will work with the Talent & Competency Development Lead to develop flexible resource plans to meet the future needs of the deployment
d. Once the CAR has been approved, provide oversight to the development and implementation oframp up plans for the systems deployment and ensure all resources are secured and in place as per the agreed timelines. Be a point of escalation and proactively manage the effective onboarding of internal & external resources to enable the successful attainment of critical milestones
2.Deliver the large deployment of systems as per the Business Case and CAR
a. Forge effective working relationships with the Talent & Competency Development Lead in the identification, assessment, enrolment and performance monitoring of system deployment resources as appropriate throughout the deployment lifecycle
b. Ensure adherence to Project Management and PMO principles in the delivery of the project. Working closely with the Business Lead & IT Lead, be responsible as the Directly responsible Individual (DRI) for Scope, Schedule, Quality & Budget for the deployment.
c. Lead the Project Governance process to ensure decisions are made in a timely manner and that alls risks and issues are escalated effectively and dealt with in a controlled and compliant manner
d. Align with the SCSS Communications Framework in the communication of project delivery updates within SCSS and with key partners/customers
e. Ensure all project documentation aligns with the SCSS Documentation Management requirements
f. Proactively seek to promote best practice and continuous improvement principles across Functional system deployments
g. Ensure that project delivery aligns with the IRM Framework and work closely with the Strategic Programs Lead in the identification of IRM Framework continuous improvement opportunities
h. Forge collaborative working relationships with the Business Ramp up & Cutover Lead to align on timelines, risks and issues and overall go-live readiness
i. Forge collaborative working relationships with the Business Simulation Lead & Testing lead to ensure system deployments are in line with testing, validation and qualification protocols.
j. Actively participate in the sharing of best practice across the systems delivery team to consistently strive for step change improvements on delivery performance
k. Work closely with the Portfolio and Program Management and Metrics Lead in the development and communication of project performance metrics
3.Forge robust working relationships with the Functional CoE’s in the delivery of the system deployment
a. Collaborate closely with the Functional CoE’s throughout the project lifecycle with a particular focus on: project delivery; risk and issue escalation; and project governance
b. Continuously seek to embed best practice in the Functional CoE engagement which will enable robust and agile touchpoints throughout the deployment lifecycle
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required with a preferred area of study in Science, Engineering, or Physical Science. MBA or other advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience is required.
- Proven experience of delivering large scale complex system deployments
- Functional knowledge of/and experience in systems within Medical Device, Pharmaceuticals or other healthcare regulated sectors.
- Detailed knowledge of GxP and Sox requirements and regulations
- Previous experience in working within a support organization with a knowledge of functional and matrix structures.
- Strong communication skills and change management
- Proven success in building and developing a high performing team
- Ability to manage multiple teams on a global basis
- Strong and proven project management experience
- Managing risk, including escalation, prioritization and resolution of systems and support issues and developing and managing responses
- Showing initiative in innovative approaches to challenges in a fast-paced, changing global environment
- Building strong partnerships with Source/R&D/Plan/Make/Deliver/Supply Chain
- Building consensus and impacting outcome with authority and ability to negotiate trade off decisions across the organization
- Must have strong collaboration and influencing skills to partner effectively at all levels and across multiple groups
- Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building instincts, with the ability to build partnerships and collaborate both internally and externally.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Travel both domestic and international is required. Travel will depend on home location (e.g. 20+25% when based in Belgium) and may increase at critical junctures like Go-lives
- Business acumen and/ or financial background
- Six Sigma/LEAN certification preferred, but not required.
- Experience in managing multiple diverse stakeholder groups
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)