Johnson & Johnson Careers
Legal Director Supply Chain Procurement
Requisition ID: 1805684923W
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department seeks a Legal Director to join the Supply Chain and Procurement legal team (“SC&P”), and provide legal support to various groups in Johnson & Johnson’s Supply Chain, Procurement and Global Services, Supplier Contracting Services organizations.
The SC&P Legal Team is responsible for providing legal support for Cross Sector Supply Chain activities across the Plan-Source-Make-Deliver continuum, including activities related to external manufacturing, Customer Logistics Services and Supply Chain Strategy and Deployment. The SC&P Legal Team also supports our Global Procurement organization, which is responsible for developing and executing Enterprise spend strategies covering such diverse categories as R&D, Supply Chain Materials, Logistics, Business Services (including Corporate Services, HR Services, IT (including Application Development, Software and Infrastructure), Travel and Fleet), Marketing, and Capital, Construction & Facilities.
SC&P’s support of the Global Procurement Organization also includes support for Global Services’ Supplier Contracting Services organization (“SCS”), which was created as part of our Enterprise Standards and Productivity program. SCS will bring greater consistency and efficiency to Johnson & Johnson’s Procurement contracting process across all Procurement categories in all regions, and the SC&P Legal Team is working with SCS to standardize and harmonize the Procurement contracting experience around the world by assisting in the creation of new technologies, processes, and templates, as well as new training and escalation procedures.
While this position will primarily support Customer Logistics Services and In-direct Procurement across the Europe, Middle East and Africa region, the successful candidate will also collaborate with Law Department colleagues and business partners on other transactions and support as circumstances warrant, divestitures, acquisitions and strategic collaborations, as well as quality, regulatory and sustainability issues relevant to Supply Chain and Procurement.
The Legal Director – Supply Chain & Procurement will:
- Draft and negotiate complex supply chain and procurement related agreements, with a focus on in-direct procurement and logistics services.
- Counsel business partners and senior management on strategic supply chain and procurement projects.
- Provide legal advice on contracts, help ensure that agreements meet business needs, comply with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures, and that legal risks have been properly identified, assessed and mitigated.
- Identify and adopt best practices and support process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes to improve timeliness, accuracy and quality in support of an increasing client base.
- Coordinate with Supplier Contracting Services as necessary to deliver and improve the contracting process in the EMEA region, which may include developing and delivering training, harmonizing and rationalizing templates, building a playbook, identifying and adopting best practices and supporting process improvement initiatives in a continued effort to streamline contract related processes to improve timeliness, accuracy and quality in support of an increasing client base, and working with third party service providers who provide contracting services.
- Support the Supplier Contracting Services organization in handling certain routine transactions, while personally handling more complex and strategic agreements and coordinate similar activities outside the EMEA region in collaboration with other Johnson & Johnson attorneys.
- Manage outside counsel relationships, work flow and budget.
This position requires at least 10 years of significant experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements, preferably in house at a multi-national corporation, or at a large or mid-sized law firm, with demonstrated excellent results, and preferably in the healthcare industry including experience negotiating agreements in one or more of the following business areas: Procurement, Information Technologies Professional Services, Supply Chain, Warehousing, Transportation or Distribution Services.
- A law degree is required.
- Deep understanding of the legal ramifications and needs of the business environment in one or more of the above-mentioned areas, preferably cross-sector.
- Strong (virtual) team working skills - relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills.
- Strong business and analytical skills, problem solving ability, legal risk assessment skills.
- Strong ability to design, develop and lead strategic and process improvement initiatives.
- Fluency in English with the capability of drafting contract terms and conditions in English,
Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug-Zug
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)