Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel
Requisition ID: 1805684916W
Senior Legal Counsel - Medical Devices Group UK & Ireland
Location - Pinewood, Wokingham, UK
Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices Group produces a broad range of innovative products and solutions in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, vision, diabetes care and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Group is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
This role will provide legal support to Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Group UK & Ireland, reporting in to the Legal Director, and will be based at the company’s offices in Pinewood, Wokingham. The successful candidate will receive extensive support and assistance in transitioning into their new role from both the Legal Director and Senior Legal Counsel who is also based on site in Pinewood.
Job Content/ Key Accountabilities
Legal support of Medical Devices Group in UK and Ireland
- Provide legal support for Johnson & Johnson Medical Device businesses in the UK/Ireland.
- Be the primary point of contact for legal support relating to DePuy Synthes, Visionare and Consumer Eye Health businesses in the UK/Ireland and be an active participant on their leadership teams.
- Provide legal support to the bids & tenders team and advise on public procurement related issues.
- Draft and review contracts to support the implementation of innovative new contracting models.
- Advise on distribution agreements, and other commercial agreements in the UK/Ireland.
- Advise on pricing queries and structures relating to the above businesses.
- Review terms and conditions relating to the sale of medical devices.
- With the support of senior colleagues, assist with the conduct of UK/Ireland litigation, including product liability litigation.
- Provide legal support relating to the divestiture of local operating businesses and local integration of any newly acquired businesses.
- Advise on competition law considerations and other legal issues associated with new supply, pricing or business models.
- Provide legal training to key stakeholders, including induction training for new joiners and training to the bids and tenders team.
- Support the local Healthcare Compliance organization and provide anti-bribery compliance advice.
- Qualified Solicitor.
- Relevant 5 years PQE legal experience
- Broad-based commercial and/or corporate experience.
- Experience of drafting and reviewing complex agreements.
- Experience or strong interest in the healthcare sector
- Knowledge of competition law.
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge of public procurement law or experience of public procurement.
- Previous experience of working with or in large and/or complex (e.g. matrix) organizations.
- Knowledge of UK or other bribery/anti-corruption legislation.
Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Self-starter with a strong drive for results and a strong sense of ownership, but also a willingness to take direction.
- Business oriented with an ability to proactively engage with business colleagues to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement their desired action plans and contribute to compliant growth for the business.
- Sound judgement, business consultative skills and an ability to think in a structured way.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across all levels of a matrix organization.
- Superior communication skills.
- Comfortable working as part of different teams and keen to interact with a diverse group of people and different businesses.
- Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to set an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and ability to simplify complicated issues for clients.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Prepared to speak up, present and actively participate in business and legal discussions.
- Good self-awareness, constructive mindset, eager to seek and receive feed-back.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)