Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director Head GSIA APAC
Requisition ID: 1805683713W
He/she will be responsible for building and adapting transformational capabilities for the region, making insights and analytics more efficient and effective while also adding new capabilities for smarter insights that fuels our competitive edge through better and faster decisions. He/she is responsible for generating, integrating and translating consumer, marketplace, competitive and professional insights across the region and delivering and driving strategy and business model optimization recommendations and consumer empathy to accelerate growth.
The position plays a critical role in providing strategic counsel to regional and functional management and help transform GSI&A into a world class organization with advanced analytics as a competitive advantage.
Sr. Dir. Global Strategic Insights & Analytics AP reports into the VP, GSI&A.
Provide thought leadership to AP Leadership Team and GSI&A functional leadership
- Elevate the voice of the consumer and drive data-driven decision making with AP leadership and represent AP region with functional leadership. Identify and champion key growth opportunities and help management mitigate risk. Be a strategic advisor to the AP leadership team on both strategy and tactics.
Develop the overall Insights & Analytics capability
- Blend data, research, business knowledge and cutting-edge analytics to anticipate changes in the environment and hunt for growth opportunities. Connect deeper understanding of consumers and shoppers to business opportunities and breakthrough ideas.
- Derive differentiated consumer/shopper insights that enhance understanding of our consumers and the marketplace, leading to larger product launches, executional excellence and innovation. Focus on consumer and shopper segmentation, market/purchase structure, brand offer optimization, test and learn analysis, and other improved performance program.
- Adapt and deploy standardized processes, predictive and real-time models with advanced simulation tools that drive spend and performance optimization opportunities in the region for priority brands and markets
- Drive sustainable revenue growth through delivery and on-going support of advanced & automated advertising, digital, pricing, promotion, assortment simulation models and insight decision making
- Activate agile regional analytics portfolio management and governance framework that optimizes and scales investments, and measures outcomes
- Oversee regional agency partnerships, data supplier and sourcing strategy with guidelines and disciplined processes to manage, gather, and integrate data from internal, external, syndicated, unstructured/structured, video/voice/text sources
Build and Execute Best-in-class Data Strategy and analytics for targeted personalized brand experiences.
- Build best-in-class Data Strategy and analytics for targeted personalized brand experiences. Implement data driven micro behavioural segment targeting and ROI testing.
- Develop and manage regional data strategy and stewardship to address key business outcomes.
- Guide (train, consult) teams in the local markets in developing market/brand level data strategies, identification of most appropriate 1st, 2nd and 3rd part data sources, creating data taxonomies and managing local data assets.
- Guide teams in the local markets on using analytics tools for creating consumer audience insights and using these insights to make better business decisions.
- Partner with the local markets, agencies and suppliers on developing lookalike models.
- Serve as a regional expert on maximizing business impact though Nielsen DMP and Google Full Stack solutions.
Lead the development and tracking of the consolidated regional learning plan and administration of the centralized AP GSIA budget, ensuring strategic prioritization and efficiencies.
- Lead regional priority setting to drive synergy to maximize total GSI&A impact and resources. Administer the region's budget to ensure alignment with regional and local strategic priorities and lead on-going efforts to maximize spend efficiencies through negotiation with agency partners and identification of cost-efficient methodologies.
Recruit, develop and manage GSI&A talents and teams in the AP region
- Directly manage a team of people spread across Asia Pacific. Support and drive thought leadership on their key local projects
- Attract, develop and retain pipeline of highly engaged, superior internal and externally-sourced talents. Advance overall analytics IQ by building analytics learning into regional marketing and customer-talent strategies, ingraining ‘lead with data’ philosophy
Actively contribute to GSI&A best practices, methodologies, processes, tools and standards
- Deploy consistent approaches and ensure compliance across countries
- Drive “knowledge” management by encouraging usage of existing insights and data
Knowledge and Competency (Must have):
- Advanced degree in Marketing, Market Research or Business Administration. Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods is a plus
- 15 years of data driven people-based marketing/programmatic media/ consulting /strategic planning is required. Experience working for CPG marketer is a plus
- Knowledge: Market Research and Analytics technical skills. Strategic business acumen, focus on results, passion for keeping up with media and technology trends. Comprehensive understanding of personalizing consumer experience through programmatic media, CRM, search, e-commerce and mobile apps.
- Consulting skills: Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to required work, with some guidance from senior function or business leadership. Demonstrated ability to improve organizational performance through the application of original thinking to existing and emerging methods, processes, products and services.
- Leadership: Ability to motivate and inspire people, serving as expert and role model; think differently and creatively, to develop and share best-in-class methodologies and frameworks, formally and informally coach people, proactively harness group efforts for making an impact; drive collaboration within the team and cross-functionally, ability to drive positive change and minimize/resolve conflicts
- Communication skills: Ability to confidently and persuasively communicate orally and through presentations and written documents, make a strong impression in meetings and in one-on-one interactions. Ability to explain digital concepts and technologies to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists
- Personal Skills: Ability to be perceived as a role model in personal and professional behaviour by business partners, peers and team members; demonstrated strong work ethic: reliability, high-level of motivation, judgment, initiative; respectful and inclusive attitude towards others.
- Stakeholder management: Ability to work with all levels in organization structure from VP’s to Associates as well as with external partners. Ability to develop, maintain and grow the network of business relationships both functionally and cross- functionally, among own team, internal and external clients and manage demands of regional, local and global stakeholders.
- Advanced Analytical Knowledge & Experience (Good to Have): Comprehensive knowledge of data sources available in the market place with hands on experience with developing data strategy and using 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data sources for achieving brands’ objectives. Experience with mining and modelling large data sets and applying advanced analytics methods for consumer clustering and segmentation, developing and leveraging consumer insights: path to purchase, CLTV models etc.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)