Johnson & Johnson Careers
Franchise Engagement Leader Joint Reconstruction Procurement
Requisition ID: 1805683480W
DePuy Synthes are now recruiting for a Joint Reconstruction Franchise Engagement Lead this opportunity will report directly into the GO Franchise Engagement Lead.
The Joint Reconstruction Procurement Franchise Engagement Lead will be the procurement business leader for the Joint Reconstruction franchise and lead the strategic sourcing team to drive procurement strategy and best practices for the franchise.
The Joint Reconstruction Supply Chain Procurement Franchise Engagement Lead will be accountable for ensuring alignment between the J&J Procurement strategy, and, the DPS business needs to deliver maximum value for the organisation. The role will support the development and communicate the long term DPS procurement vision and strategy, including creating multi-year strategic roadmaps that address enterprise and JR business needs, this will involve input and alignment on the business strategies, and will require high collaboration across the wider MD Franchise Teams.
The Franchise Engagement Lead’s scope of responsibilities include:
• Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the JR stakeholder community.
• Serve as the senior sponsor for JR Supply Chain Procurement and represent Procurement in all senior SC JR forums to include S&OP Supply and Exec review and the WW JR leadership team.
• Drive business planning and major decision making across all relevant category families for the JR franchise.
• Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments.
• Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
• Interface directly with executive and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
• Identifies business demand requirements and partners with Category Leads to deliver annual and long-term value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
• Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
• Continuously monitor the needs of the JR business to make sure requirements are met.
• Participate in multiple governance to focus on different levels of detail regarding scope, reliability & operational issues.
• Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to drive end to end value, and bring innovation to the business.
• Escalate issues that may impact the JR business or Global Procurement organization and collaborate to resolution for all Supplier related issues.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
30% Key Supply Chain Procurement business partner to multiple supply chain functions, Franchise & Supply Chain LT, and Indirect Procurement Community
20% Accountable for Franchise Strategic Sourcing for Joint Reconstruction.
20% Coordinate with Category Leads to ensure Procurement strategies are aligned with the business/sector needs
10% Responsible for the coordination of the strategic plan and business plan, monitoring execution and communicating results to senior leaders
10% Ensures Procurement and business activities align with organizational requirements for policies, procedures, compliance, quality and cost
10% Global/Regional team meetings and provide updates to Global and Regional Procurement Leadership
Member of leadership teams and company boards as appropriate
Key Working Relationships
• Global Procurement Supply Chain Leadership Team
• Global Joint Reconstruction Executive leadership
• Regional Leaders/Franchise & Senior Leadership Teams
• Sector/Business Unit Finance Leadership
• Senior leaders for top suppliers
• 4 to 5 Indirect Reports
• Category Leads, External Manufacturing & Indirect Procurement Teams
30% Type of Travel Required:
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelors / MBA 1 or Equivalent
- Required Years of Related Experience: 7+ Years
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Broad-based understanding of DPS business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
• Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with DPS & JNJ Senior Management
• Strong leadership, vison and strategy setting, communication, influencing, collaboration and talent development skills
• Strong project and change management capabilities
• Strong Business Acumen
• Multi-county and Multi sector experience preferred with experience across geographies of varied sizes and businesses.
• Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
• Ability to continuously improve the organization
People Management Experience:
- 5 years of previous People Leadership Experience
- Preferred Minimum Education: MBA 1 or Equivalent
- Other Ph.D.
- Preferred Area of Study: BS/BA in an applicable field of study; advance degree is preferred MBA plus
Preferred Related Industry Experience: Experienced leader possessing strong business acumen with business experience in roles effecting change across a variety of functional specialties to include Operations, General management or Supply Chain with at least 5+ years within a Procurement environment.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., supplier management and performance, supply market analysis, Category Management, Procurement Excellence, etc.)
• High level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community at an executive level
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
• Proven track record in attracting and developing talent and team dynamics
• Proven track record in leading cross-functional teams and executing significant influencing roles.
• Significant business acumen and proven team building skills
• Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)