Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist - Oncology Discovery
Shanghai, China; Shanghai, China
Requisition ID: 1805683372W
• Proposal and implementation of strategies to identify, filter and validate novel drug targets for local/global proposal
• Management of novel drug discovery projects up to and including NME declaration with advanced networking and global collaboration skills.
• Leadership of high-performance project teams and direct supervision/coaching of junior staff
• Networking, identification and leadership of academic collaborations to support internal discovery efforts.
• Setup and management of CRO contracts to enable/supplement internal discovery projects.
• Advanced knowledge and experience in oncology drug discovery and/or translational research for small molecule or antibody-based therapeutics.
• Expertise in target validation studies essential using CRISPR or related methodologies: KD/KO/KI of novel genes in transient and stable cell line systems.
• Expertise in developing biochemical assays, cellular functional assays and in vivo efficacy and PD models, again with crucial experience in oncology.
• Extensive experience in molecular biology, pharmacology and cell biology techniques.
• Highly motivated self-starter, able to excel within a matrix organization.
• Highly aware of recent oncology literature and emerging trends and drugs in the oncology area.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, fluent in English and Chinese.
• Critical thinker with good time management and delivery focus, able to independently design, execute and accurately interpret complex scientific experiments and data.
• Excellent people and project manager; skilled in communicating objectives, motivating, empowering and developing junior staff with a track record of successful teamwork and coaching aligned with project delivery.
• Easily able to influence across disciplines and research areas; leveraging both local and global talent and resources to achieve delivery goals.
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)