Johnson & Johnson Karrieren
Manager Employee & Labor Relations (m/f)
Requisition ID: 1805683045W
The Manager, Employee & Labor Relations (ER/LR) has overall responsibility to lead delivery of Employee Relations and Labor Relations Services and (if applicable) local HR services within a country. They are responsible for the effective management of Employee Relations matters (grievances, discipline) measured by resolution of service requests within defined time periods, levels of accuracy and quality standards and customer satisfaction levels. They will provide Labor Relations expert consulting services to BU HR and Businesses (CBA administration and negotiation, LR procedures …). They will provide overall Labor Relations support throughout the collective bargaining process. They will drive proactive initiatives to increase ER/LR awareness with Managers & Employees and will support any ad hoc workforce events (M&A, Divestitures, etc.) requiring ER or LR involvement.
Additionally, they may be responsible to host all onsite HR Services within their country / countries for providing Employee Relations, Labor Relations, local Recruitment, HR Compliance and other identified onsite services for the local workforce.
The Manager, Employee & Labor Relations is responsible for leading a team that provides services in a timely manner, treats the workforce respectfully and maintains high levels of confidentiality, trust and integrity in the handling of sensitive matters. They foster a culture of rigorous adherence to standards, process excellence and continuous improvement.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
Approximate 35%of time:
• Manage cluster / country operational activities to achieve target key performance indicators, operational level agreements and service levels by executing resource planning to ensure availability of staff and support.
• Manage the operational plans to increase the effectiveness of services while improving the customer experience
o Employee Relations – Ensure timely and compliant handling of all Grievance and Discipline Requests. Coach & train managers and employees.
o Labor Relations: input and guidance on Labor Relations Strategy, preparation & negotiation of CBA within agreed parameters with BUHR, Business impact assessment, ad hoc Labor Relations consulting including for major workforce events (M&A, Divestitures, Restructuring…)
o Staffing – Recruit for non-core positions, utilizing tools and templates from Global Acquiring Talent, partner with Regional Acquiring Talent Lead to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
o Benefits and Leaves – Answer complex local questions; assist with enrollment. Directs the operation of local work related to benefits and compensation, partnering with the Regional Total Rewards Lead to ensure that standard processes are followed
o Performance Management – Coach managers on managing performance issues
o Other HR Admin – Ensure timely and accurate handling of local administration work such as compliance administration and workforce data management
• Notify relevant COE, Global Policies Team on regulatory changes
• Ensure workplace policies are current and in compliance with applicable local laws
• Support management of Grievance and Discipline requests requiring higher level knowledge and authority and/or interaction with 3rd Parties
• Build an external professional network to maintain an appropriate view of the workplace and marketplace
Approximate 35% of time:
· Provide professional guidance to teams within the Cluster / Country.
· Effectively integrate new support requirements into the Cluster / Country as they are introduced by HR special projects and initiatives
· Maintain transparent communication channel with Regional HR Services leaders by summarizing and reporting on operational updates and issues to Regional Employee Relations and & Site Management Lead for support, staff planning and development.
· Work closely with internal and external colleagues within the country / work location(s).
· Lead and contribute to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve performance and promote continuous learning
· Drives direct interventions with Managers and employees on most sensitive cases and or escalations
Approximate 30% of time:
· Understand the Key Performance Indicators and operational metrics that are critical to managing service delivery in order to achieve Service Level Agreements and meet customer service standards
· Manage and monitor operational data and reports daily; constantly communicating performance with team and actively working to identify and implement interventions to maintain service standards.
· Utilize operational practices and reports, including quality audits, standard and ad hoc reports in order to identify issues and take actions to achieve performance goals and targets.
· Implement continuous improvement opportunities to enhance provision of services by reviewing and providing feedback on operational processes, policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions and introduce key improvement plans for execution.
Other duties & responsibilities:
· Stay current on country (countries) employment and labor practices
· Comply with and enforce standards for maintaining a confidential and sensitive work environment for team
· Conduct environmental scans and participate in significant workplace events (such as the planning and execution of RIF’s, M&A’s, etc. at the cluster/country level
- University degree in HR, Law (preferably), Business Economics, Psychology or equivalent
- Extensive professional experience (minimum of 6 years) in HR with focus on Employee Relations/ Labor Relations, gained in an international co-operation (Consumer, Pharma or Medical Devices industry is a plus)
- Knowledge of Employment and Labor Relations practices
- Experience using Case Management tools is a plus
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
- Experience managing, planning and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives
- Fluency in German and English
- Excellent relationship management, coaching and collaboration skills
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment (also in a virtual team)
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Janssen-Cilag Germany (8000)