Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Automation Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805682988W
Position Title: Principal Automation Engineer
Report to: Engineering Manager Software
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 800 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
· Lead a team of automation engineers to deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Oversee project designs and proposals to ensure technology road-map and immediate business needs are being addressed appropriately.
· Develop strategies to address new and/or emerging technologies and requirements to maximize efficiency, quality and compliance.
· Oversee the development and deployment of strategic plans, tools and systems within the automation team that raise the bar in terms of delivery and compliance for all automation related disciplines including software, hardware, safety and electrical systems.
· Oversee the development of the necessary tools and systems to ensure the long term strategic vision for automation group can be achieved.
· Interfaces with new and existing suppliers and vendors to negotiate and align on technology and resource requirements to meet the future needs of the business.
· Acts as primary interface with internal and external business partners to ensure that key commitments and milestones are delivered on time.
· Create strong collaborative working relationships with both existing and new functional managers both internally and externally in order to maximize the value add element of the automation group.
· Develop ideas within the automation group to improve the automation design phase steps including Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications to final project delivery and review.
· Adopt responsibility for the project management of control systems and software-based projects across a cross functional multidiscipline team environment.
· Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
· Lead cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
· Ability to organize, plan and execute multiple tasks to tight schedules
· Highly motivated self-starter
· Excellent communication skills
Other Skills, Abilities and Education
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science OR equivalent
· 5/6 years experience working with and leading highly complex projects and multi-disciplined teams
· Strong understanding of automation concepts from software development to validation and commissioning across the entire automation range.
· Strong communication skills
· Confidence leading teams and managing change through an organisation.
· Proven track record of results.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)