Johnson & Johnson Careers
Quality Laboratory Technician
Requisition ID: 1805682983W
The Johnson and Johnson Familiy of companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing approximately 128,000 people. Johnson and Johnson is the world‘s most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related products for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets. At least a billion people around the world are touched each day by what we do.
Ethicon Women’s Health & Urology Sàrl, one of the companies of the group Johnson and Johnson is active in fields such as women’s health and urology.
Quality Laboratory Technician 100% – CDI – Neuchâtel
. Responsible for conducting technical quality assurance inspections and using results to improve production processes and standards.
. Performs complex tests, inspections and analyses to assure that products comply with established specifications.
. Carries out difficult calculations and prepares documentation that shows the results of tests performed.
. Completes record of inspection results, acceptance, rejection and disposition.
. Enters data into log books or computer databases and compiles data and prepares reports on findings.
. Conducts scheduled calibration and maintenance on test equipment.
. Establishes maintenance and calibration schedule for test equipment based on manufacturers recommendations and maintains equipment records.
. Coordinates specialized product/customer quality testing.
. Recommends/implements revisions, corrections and changes to test equipment, procedures and methods, and execute change controls for documents
. Troubleshoots defective products returned by customers to determine root causes of failure.
. Compiles data to identify trends and proposes corrective action.
. Initiates and coordinates discussions with quality, engineering and other departments to develop corrective actions for reoccurring problems.
. Liaise with Line Manager, Matrix OPL and Project Leader regarding testing priority
. Perform general laboratory duties such as glassware washing, housekeeping, control and ordering of consumables and lab record management.
. Investigates Out of Specification / Out of Trend data, including raising the appropriate Quality System records and performing associated corrective actions.
. Supports validation activities associated with finish good product process and supports validation of test equipment and test methods
. Trains other laboratory technicians Matrix lab metrics track and trending
. Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
. Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Generally requires 2-4 years related experience in a relevant scientific/technical field (for ex.: lab testing, executing lab studies, developing and validating test methods in a regulated Quality Lab
- University/Bachelor Degree or Equivalent in a Life Science, Engineering or Physical Science
- Experience conducting Quality Laboratory tests and studies without supervision.
- Experience troubleshooting process non-conformances, out-of-specification test results, and failure investigations.
- Experience providing instruction to professional and technical employees on projects and initiatives.
- Experience in the Medical Device industry or medical field
- Experience with ISO 9000, ISO 13485, GMP and GLP is desirable
- Competent in analytical techniques: instrumental techniques such as but not limited to chromatography, IR spectroscopy, Karl Fischer titration and general techniques (such as but not exhaustive weighing, pipetting, diluting)
- Familiar with laboratory safety (general conduct & use of PPE)
- Good level in written and spoken English. French is desirable. Understand technical documents in French and English.
- Able to enter data on spreadsheet and database applications and basic computer skills.
- Ability to priorities own workload and flexible approach to fluctuating work demand.
- Proactive and able to take decisions; good interpersonal, organization, and oral/written communication skills
ETHICON Women's Health & Urology Sarl (8566)