Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Lead LAT Benelux
Requisition ID: 1805682746W
- Commercial Lead is primarily responsible for the operational execution of Sales and Marketing activities for Jansen BENELUX of a specific Core Brand or Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) /Therapeutic Area (TA)* with multiple Brands (for example CNS-LAT). The EMEA/MSM brand value plan forms the base for the executional responsibilities of the Commerical Lead. *DAS/TA - both terminologies used interchangeably.
- The Commercial Lead is responsible for the P&L of the Brands within the DAS/TA and monitors the performance, identifies critical opportunities and risks for the Benelux within the EMEA/MSM brand plan, refines EMEA/MSM brand plan to cater to the local needs if necessary and evaluates investments for BENELUX organisation.
- The Commercial Lead is responsible for successful commercial implementation of the EMEA/MSM brand value plan. The Commercial Lead is also responsible for the Cluster Value Team Lead role leading the local Cluster Value Team and representing BENELUX at EMEA/MSM organization within area of responsibility and where required.
- The Commercial Lead is also primarily responsible for the optimal channel mix and resource allocation for the customer facing team (primarily Sales function) within the area of responsibility and by BENELUX teritory by brand and by customer, to achieve the national sales revenue target.
- CL BNL is responsible for creating the local BNL (tactical) Business Plan, based on the EMEA/MSM Brand Value Plan.
- CL BNL actively gives input and feedback on the centrally created MSM MTP forecast.
Place in the organization
- The Commercial Lead reports to the Business Unit Director.
- The Commercial Lead assumes the role of a Cluster Value Team Leader according to assigned Brand or TA/DAS.
- Define : G&O, performance evaluation, joint responsibility in people development. Commercial lead is involved in recruitment.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The Commercial Lead as CVTL is responsible for the successful commercial implementation of the EMEA/MSM brand value plan.
- Leads the execution of the customer strategy, outlines and leads the customer value added initiatives and stakeholder engagement plans.
- As local market expert in DAS/TA and/or Brand, the Commercial Lead is expected to contribute to the identification of unmet customer needs and future evolution of products and services around-the-pill, constantly utilizing the knowledge from external and internal intelligence to product input and guidance to the MSM commercial lead and the EMEA Strategy Organisation
- The Commercial Lead in his/her Sales Organisation responsibility is accountable for the successful commercial execution of the EMEA/MSM brand value plans by translating national CVT-strategy into regional Customer Focus (CF) plans.
- In leading the Sales Organisaiton to ensure the perfect alignment between EMEA/MSM Strategy and Execution supported by a Bottom-Up /Top Down approach.
- Responsible for the P&L of the brands within the TA and monitors the performance, identifies critical opportunities and risks within the brand plan and evaluates investments for Life Cycle opportunities.
- Selects, develops, and retains quality people
- Conducts annual performance reviews with direct reports to help support the creation of a diverse, high performing Benelux Commercial Strategy & Execution organization
- Ensures appropriate Customer Value Managers training and coaching together with the Customer Value Manager and appropriate Product Specialists trainings and coaching to maximize customer facing impact
- An inspirational leader applying networking and collaboration competencies across the teams
- Ensures Credo Values are demonstrated in the day to day interactions
- Strong in building bridges and alliances across functional and regional boundaries in order to drive value for the company
- Responsible for sharing best practices in terms of processes, deliverables, approaches (where possible)
- University degree in business or life sciences
- Additional Post-graduate degree(s) in relevant discipline is an advantage
- Fluent in Dutch and English. Fleuncy in French is an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience of which at least 3 years (proven track record of success) experience in Pharmaceutical industry (sales, marketing or market access preferred)
- International, European and/or Regional experience is an advantage
- Strong ability to coach, motivate and inspire First Line Sales Managers and Product Specialists
- Strong leadership skills, communicative skills and ability to build high performing teams
- Strong in territory analysis and competitive analysis
- Adaptability, self-organizing and developing in new role
- Working understanding on the national health care systems, structure, market dynamics and customer decision processes
- Understands the local networks both internally and externally
- Role model for customer focus and entrepreneurial thinking including new/smart selling concepts
- Ability to assess, consolidate & communicate product related and market relevant information to internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record in strong ability to work closely with internal (and external) stakeholders
- Demonstrate business acumen and progressive business experience (a good business sense)
- Strong understanding of the entire product life cycle stages is required
- Prior experience in working with external agencies and vendors
- In line marketing, commercial/sales or medical experience with brand responsibility is required. Local marketing and launch experience preferred
- Experience as a CVT-member in delivering and executing brand value strategies at local level is required. Is result-oriented and sets ambitious targets for him/herself and his/her team
- Demonstrate business acumen and progressive business experience (a good business sense is critical)
- Demonstrate ability to develop insight and analysis, providing scientific and commercial intelligence and foresight is required
- Proven track of trade off decision making based on analytical thought and risk management
- Proven ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams, connecting people & functions
- Proven change management experience, for example, leading a team to their changed role
- Must exhibit behaviors aligned to the J&J Global Leadership Profile including but not limited to: integrity-credo based actions, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, results driven and people development
Janssen-Cilag Netherlands (8345)
Marketing & Sales