Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice-Materials
Requisition ID: 1805681821W
DePuy Synthes are Manufacturing Engineer Apprentice to join our 3 year Apprenticeship Programme. This opportunity will join the Materials team and reporting into the Apprentice Co-Ordinator, you will gain great experience over the next 3 years, earing and learning.
Materials development in DePuy Synthes;
- A team of engineers, metallurgists and material scientists collaborating globally to develop and improve the quality, capacity and cost of new and existing materials processing technologies in the areas of forming, specialized coating and cleaning of orthopedic implants.
The main responsibility will be to finish the activities assigned to the apprentice under the guidance of the qualified Engineer / Senior Laboratory Technician, while also completing the apprenticeship program as specified.
Position duties & responsibilities:
- The apprenticeships will be run in conjunction with SOLAS, the National Training Authority and are time and standards based.
- During their training the apprentice will achieve specific skills, which are competency based and will be assessed against a set criteria before they move to the next phase of their training.
- The apprenticeship will be based in the Materials and Surface Technology group and will be focused on laboratory work the duration of the apprenticeship:
- The apprentice will be shadowed at all times by an engineer who will act as their trainer throughout the entire training process.
- Interest in hands on work
- Willing to take direction from other engineering staff
- Willing to question and learn from other engineering staff
- Interest in problem solving
- High-energy, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Good communication and social skills
- Will to work as part of a team towards a common goal
- An interest in and aptitude in the areas of Material Science.
- The ability to work well as a member of a team.
- The ability to adapt to change and develop skills to meet these changes.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Interest in developing skills abilities and career outside of apprentice model
DePuy Synthes are an equal opportunities employer
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)