Requisition ID: 1805681269W
Strategic Sourcing Manager
Reporting directly to the Strategic Sourcing Director, the successful candidate will drive procurement activities around supplier relationship management best practices (SRM), sourcing processes and delivery of results to meet & exceed the Surgical Vision Franchise procurement objectives.
The successful Candidate will execute on strategy and provide overall co-ordination, facilitation and enablement of programs that will drive best practice.
The key responsibilities are focused on Quality & Risk management, Cost, Supplier Service & Reliability for the Surgical Vision business
The successful candidate will be accountable for Supplier Management for a defined scope of spend responsibility
Responsibilities will include:
- Perform the role of Supplier Relationship Manager at an executive level for designated suppliers
- Partner with category management and Advance Sourcing (New Product Introduction) to ensure alignment and meet procurement goals across Quality, Service and Cost.
- Be an excellent business partner to a number of functions across the business, in particular supplier quality, manufacturing and planning teams both internally and in our Third Party Manufacturers
- Ensure strong business processes are in place to manage supplier relationships & to positively contribute to the efficiency of end to end Supply Chain.
- Input to the Surgical Vision Sourcing Strategic direction and work with fellow team members to ensure alignment and execution to that strategic direction.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to ensure alignment on supplier management and escalation processes.
- Upgrade supplier skills (transparent cost management, lean practices, emerging technologies, etc.)
- Develop an expertise in the business needs and capabilities. Keep up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Analyze overall system capabilities in support of the end to end supply chain.
- Development of Budgets to support Annual Business needs
- Provide regular reporting on Supplier Performance, and lead activities to achieve goals.
- This is not an exhaustive list and other duties may be assigned, aligned to the needs of the Supply Chain Organisation in Limerick.
Critical Success Factors or Scope or Responsibilities
Proven track record in Supplier Relationship Management in a competitive environment - Delivering on Quality, Risk management and Service whilst focusing on Cost Improvement Plans.Qualifications
Experience and Key Competencies:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in a procurement role managing Strategic Supplier Relationships.
- Proven ability to influence and collaborate in a matrix environment.
- Proven track record in project management.
- Excellent negotiating skills, should cost modelling and other cost management tools preferred
- Proven track record in change management.
- Analytical - absorb information & solve complex problems quickly
- Senior management participation and leadership: setting direction, influencing, goal alignment, lead & influence others in a matrix organization.
GLP’s / Personal Attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal skills - Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills
- Creative & decisive problem solving skills
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result
- Change leadership expertise
- Customer focus (internal & external)
- Adaptable to meet rapidly changing priorities
- Exercise a high degree of business judgment and sound reasoning
- BS Degree in Finance, Business, Engineering, Operations Management or related field.
- MBA or Masters preferred.
- CPIM (Certified in Production & Inventory Management) a bonus.
- Surgical Vision, Limerick.
Travel ~ 30%. Primary Location
AMO Ireland (Ireland Branch) - USD Entities (8142)Job Function