Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Engineering Project Leader
Requisition ID: 1805681175W
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings, help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our Engineering, Science and Technology (EST) Team which is responsible for the Plant Network in Switzerland, we are looking for Zuchwil for a highly committed:
- This leadership position will involve overall responsibility for the development, growth and delivery of the Product Project Portfolio within the Engineering group.
- The Staff Project Leader will lead regional project portfolio, working with cross-functional teams, such as PD, PM, RA, DQE, EM, to identify site/cross-sites opportunities and to develop business case with detail tasks / milestones for each of the product workstreams.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Investigate & suggest a pipeline of advanced manufacturing technologies to be implemented in our manufacturing plants to dramatically improve product manufacturing costs &/or efficiencies for new and existing products.
- Work with respective product value stream and plant leaders within the region to analyze and to develop complex business case that will support continuous improvement on product platform.
- Develop / maintain full-scale project plans and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members/stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Monitor progress of all major tasks/ milestones through to completion with all project team members to maintain accurate visibility of project status and report/escalate any slippage that impacts the planned deployment dates.
- Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the project team.
- Work with Program Manager & Workstream Leads on establishing priorities, resourcing plans and progress reporting to meet strategy and business objectives.
- Manage projects documentation for change control, risks / mitigation plans and contingency plans.
- Adhere to the J&J project management methodology (FPX)
- Some travel may be required with this role.
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or related discipline.
- 5-7 years of experience in supply chain or associated experience, preferably in the medical device or regulated industry.
- Project Management Certification or experience equivalent to 3 years.
- High-level MS Applications knowledge.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience of working in global matrix organizations.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work with Cross-functional, Virtual and Global teams.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, visual and written), Strong Presentation skills.
- Ability to articulate complex business model/processes in a way that is easily understood by others.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm for delivering to commitments.
- Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building skills.
- Fluent in English, German language skills advantageous.
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization with excellent working conditions then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.).
Synthes GmbH (7111)