Johnson & Johnson Careers
Accountant 1, General Accounting
Requisition ID: 1805680396W
The General Accounting Accountant is responsible for performing transactions and activities related to General Accounting, Intercompany Accounting and Fixed Assets Accounting for specific business sector(s) and countries serviced by GFS-Asia Pacific (Manila) in J&J.
Reports to directly :
- General Accounting Team Lead
Financial Master Data Team
- Perform and maintain master data which includes GL Accounts, Cost Center, Internal Order, Exchange Rate, Fixed Assets and Standard Cost.
- Prepare and reconcile Cash and Fixed Assets Balance Sheet accounts.
- Prepare and analyze (as needed) reports required by the Sectors/Countries or as per J&J policy.
- Prepare and post non-closing related journal entries (ex. prepayment amortization, accrual).
- Prepare, post and reconcile Intercompany transaction and prepare Intercompany reports for submission to Corporate consolidation.
Closing, Consolidation and Reporting Team
- Prepare and post closing-related journal entries (ex. sales reserves, provisions, inventory adjustments, inventory revaluation, advertising & promotion equalization).
- Perform depreciation, allocations, assessment, distribution runs.
- Perform initial P&L analysis as required by the Sectors/Countries.
- Prepare and reconcile Balance Sheet accounts other than those owned by GFC.
- Prepare and submit reports for Corporate consolidation.
- Deliver service excellence and maximize customer service and satisfaction and ensure that service levels and targets are met.
- Ensure that issues are properly documented, prioritized, tracked, and resolved, and ensure proper and timely escalation of issues so that they are resolved to meet internal and external expectations.
- Engage with customers on a regular basis to provide status updates and follow-through on issues and action plans.
Audit and Compliance
- Ensure processes comply and are in accordance with J&J controls guidelines and policies.
- Maintain documentation to satisfy internal and external audit requirements, and ensure current processes, systems, databases and information security are up to date and comply with current legislation.
- Assist in audit and legal compliance as required.
- Act as 1st level support for any Audit/Compliance activities (ex. SOX, Records Management).
- Identify, initiate and execute opportunities for continuous process improvements.
- Assist Account-to-Report Team Lead and/or Process Manager in implementing business process improvement initiatives to the team as required.
- University degree in finance related field or equivalent
- 1-3 years experience in General Accounting (GA) function is preferred, although candidates with experience only in Accounts Payable (AP) or Accounts Receivable (AR) function will also be considered; fresh graduates may also be considered
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) preferred
- Experience in shared services center of a multinational corporation desirable
- Ability to read, write and speak English
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ