Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sourcing Manager - Packaging EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805680293W
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Europe is a leading supplier of Fast Moving Consumer / OTC Goods. Our products are produced and distributed in all major EMEA countries and exported overseas.
The EMEA Strategic Sourcing team sources Raw materials for the J&J Group of Consumer Companies which are aligned with the demand from the GFO’s and the Global Supply Chain.
We do this by building and implementing sourcing strategies that develop a world class network of best value suppliers meeting J&J Business needs of supply quality and reliability, responsiveness, cost competitiveness and access to technology innovation that fuels superior growth.
The position of Sourcing Manager is designed to meet these objectives. In this role, you will be responsible for one or more commodity / technology areas, with a total average spend of approx. $50MM. The complexity of a Strategic Sourcing Manager portfolio is a product of the number of materials (up to several hundred), the concerned technologies, the number of supplier relationships to manage (up to 50), the number of SKUs (up to several thousand) and the number of Brands/Franchises supported (up to 25).
This is only possible through having great knowledge of suppliers, their industries, products/ services and being an excellent collaborator with Business Value Chains (Plant Materials Management and Planning, Manufacturing, New Product Introduction) R&D, Franchise Management, Quality, Technical Assurance, Legal, Regulatory teams and ad hoc project teams.
A Strategic Sourcing Manager will be expected to have comprehensive understanding and knowledge of both J&J external and internal environments, namely:
- Supplier strategies, operations, processes, economic viability and any associated risks
- Technical attributes of materials /services
- Cost structure of materials/services
- Supplier sustainability and innovation capabilities
- J&J Franchise Business Strategy
- J&J R&D Pipeline initiatives
- J&J Quality and Technical Assurance Requirements
In addition to this Core Sourcing knowledge the Manager will also be expected to demonstrate key skills of:
- Understanding the complete value chain from Origin / base feedstock (Oil / Mineral / Agricultural / Synthetic) to consumer and the position of the category within this value chain
- Strategy Development through effective Business Needs Understanding, Economic, Financial, Industry, Competitor and Supplier Analysis.
- Strategy Implementation through the effective execution of Competitive Bidding events, Strategic Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Leveraging and Legal Contracting.
- Managing Stakeholders in the business, cross-functions and (where appropriate) external.
Further Value can be generated by a Strategic Sourcing Manager through impacting the End 2 End Value Chains in which we operate, namely:
- Waste Elimination through Process Excellence - Integrates Six Sigma, Lean, or Design Excellence tools into daily activities.
- Impact on New Product Development – having influence at the design stage of a New Product to ensure up-stream risks (costs, capacity, responsiveness, reliability) are fully identified and managed upfront
- Drive, enable or influence inclusive end-to-end make versus buy analysis & decisions arising as outcomes of sourcing strategies or specific project objectives; to optimize network supply of upstream materials (raw materials / packaging) and / or finished product sourcing; to the best possible outcome for the EMEA Consumer business; Key skills acquired through training or on-the-job experience include sourcing strategies, stakeholder management, financial / cost accounting skills, Total cost of ownership understanding / application, risk management, advanced excel, and presentation skills.
- (When/where assigned) – lead or contribute to operational due diligence programs driving licensing & acquisitions or asset / product divestitures; Operations Due Diligence training will be delivered as planned at least once annually in the region.
TYPE OF EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in an international and cross-functional environment is required
- Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing and/or Purchasing is required
- Experience working in the area of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) and/or OTC is very desirable
- Self starter with high integrity and ethical behavior
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Analytical Decision Making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and customer / supply base
- Cultural sensitivity – previous exposure to cultural diversity
- Knowledge of general manufacturing principles and practices
- Knowledge of new product commercialization processes
- Knowledge of compliance requirements (cGMP, GMP’s, DEA, etc)
- Fluent in English, Swedish would be an asset
- Personal computer proficiency
Cilag GmbH International (8525)