Johnson & Johnson Careers
[Legal]Senior Legal Counsel, Janssen
Requisition ID: 1805679677W
【Johnson & Johnson / Janssen】
Johnson & Johnson / Janssen is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical device markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Provide legal counsel, strategic guidance and support to senior business leaders and their operational teams of Janssen Japan (Pharmaceutical Business).
Lead negotiation and drafting of various contracts including supply, distribution, licensing, clinical trials, employment and non-disclosure agreements and activities around new product launches.
Proactively assess legal risks to the operations and work with the Legal Director to devise and implement policies and procedures to address and manage those risks including preventative actions, trainings and communications.
Exercise communication and other skills in order to be able to positively influence Janssen Japan senior leaders to make well considered decisions and achieve compliant success of operations.
Provide guidance on and ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations applicable to the operations of Janssen Japan including any relevant industry codes.
If instructed by the Legal Director, support the Legal Director for business development initiatives (e.g. M&A and licensing transactions) including due diligence reviews, negotiation of transaction and drafting/execution of deal documentation.
Engage and manage outside counsel (including seconded counsels, if applicable) including providing appropriate budgets for outside counsel and setting ground rules for the operations on when and how to request outside legal services/support.
Manage all litigation, dispute resolution, and any internal and external investigations related to the business operations assigned by the Legal Director.
Provide legal input and guidance to the employees of Janssen Japan on all J&J policies and procedures including the Code of Business Conduct, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Corporate Integrity Agreements, Health Care Compliance and Health Care Business Integrity Guide. This includes advising employees on any new policies or required changes to existing policies, creating with the Legal Director appropriate training for employees on such policies.
As directed by the Legal Director, provide legal counsel and support on legal issues and risk management for any enabling functions of Janssen Japan including Human Resources, Quality, Government Affairs, Research & Development, Medical Affairs, Supply Chain, Sales, Procurement, Communications, Marketing, Finance and General Affairs.
Proactively partner and work with other Johnson & Johnson lawyers in the country (other sectors) /region/global to drive local alignment with country (cross-sector), regional and global legal best practices and knowledge sharing.
Where directed by the Legal Director:
• Assist on brand protection initiatives including trademark support.
• Advise operations on its copy clearance of materials and internet-related activities
• Perform corporate governance functions for the Janssen Japan legal entity including fulfilling all applicable reporting requirements relating to board and shareholders meetings (to the extent required under Japanese law).
【More about Johnson & Johnson / Janssen】
Our recognition 2018
• J&J Japan Group (including Janssen Japan) ranked 9th in Large Company Section (1,000 employees or more) of “2018 Great Place to Work Ranking”: https://www.jnj.co.jp/group/press/2018/0216/index.html
Our recognition 2017
• Fortune Magazine: J&J Named to Fortune’s “Most Admired” company in the pharmaceuticals category
• Johnson & Johnson Named to Glassdoor’s 2018 List of Best Places to Work: https://www.jnj.com/latest-news/johnson-johnson-named-glassdoor-best-places-work-2018
Our recognition 2016
• Fortune Magazine: For the 3rd consecutive year, Fortune Magazine ranked Johnson & Johnson/Janssen No. 1 in the Pharmaceuticals category on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list.
• InterbrandHealth: Janssen was named one of the most valuable corporate brands in the biopharmaceutical industry by InterbrandHealth in its new report of the world’s “Best Pharma Brands.”
• IDEA Pharma: For the fourth consecutive year, IDEA Pharma, an industry-leading consultancy, ranked Johnson & Johnson/Janssen number one, among 30 pharmaceutical companies, in its sixth annual Productive Innovation Index (PII).
• J&J jumps to No.1 as Barron’s most respected company: http://www.barrons.com/articles/j-j-supplants-apple-as-barrons-most-respected-company-1465020337?_lrsc=fba30510-a893-4a41-9376-45fc16bd913c&cmp=SMO-Elevate
• Nikei Woman Survey for “Best 100 Companies in Gender Diversity” as One J&J Company (Please click here for Japanese version of the article)
Our recognition 2015
• Imbruvica awarded with Prix Galien best pharmaceutical agent:http://www.janssen.com/imbruvica-ibrutinib-awarded-prix-galien-2015-best-pharmaceutical-agent
• JD, LLB or equivalent law degree.
• License to practice law in Japan preferred.
• Fluent in written and spoken English and fluent in written and spoken Japanese.
• Minimum 5-10 years PQE - preference will be given to candidates with life sciences experience in multi-national corporations or major law firms.
• Broad corporate experience, ideally advising senior leaders of business units or functions.
Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
• Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction from various stakeholders.
• Client Oriented - ability to proactively connect and engage with operations to find practical solutions (including alternative solutions, if applicable) and partner with them to implement desired actions and lead compliant success of operations.
• Judgment capability, good consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
• Ability to work effectively and collaboratively across all levels of a matrix organization.
• Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-national company and cross-border environment.
• Comfortable working as part of a team and keen to interact with diverse group of people spanning a broad range of business teams and executives within the client organizations.
• Objective thinker who is able to advance ideas and influence others.
• Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
• Able to lead by an example and ensure high ethical, legal and compliance standards at Janssen Japan and be proactive in engaging organization to identify opportunities to enhance ethics and anti-corruption practices and procedures.
• Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and simplify issues for clients.
• Ability to work innovatively and proactively to support clients.
• Ability to live Our Credo - the business foundation of J&J over the last 70 years, and to make appropriate decision in accordance with Credo based decision process.
Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. (7195)