Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805679533W
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets. Johnson & Johnson have more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people.
We have been operating in Ireland for 80 years, employing in excess of 3,725 people across three business sectors Consumer, Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from programme manager
- Personal development and effectiveness training
- Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
At the EMEA Development Centre we develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. The offices are newly designed, specifically to accommodate Scrum development and are based on the University of Limerick Campus. It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organising and autonomous.
The successful candidate will work within a scrum team to define and implement solutions across all areas of J&J. This team is responsible for maintaining highest levels of development practices; working towards continuous improvement of those practices; maintaining and upgrading implemented systems.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Good Knowledge of mainstream programming language: Java, C++, C#, PHP
- Solid understanding of OOP. Solving problems efficiently and quickly.
- Understanding of Database concepts, good programming practices, root causing issues.
- Experience with multiple OS: Windows, Linux, iOS. Able to execute UNIX command line utilities.
- Good command over Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2018 or due to graduate in 2019). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a BSc. or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th October 2018
Duration of Graduate Programme: 23-month programme starting in September 2019
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)