Johnson & Johnson Careers
EMPLOYEE & LABOR RELATIONS SPECIALIST
Requisition ID: 1805679124W
Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Full time temporary position till end of December 2019
The Employee Relations Specialist (ER Specialist) is responsible for managing Employee Relations cases for designated workforce group(s). This roles main objective is a focus on coaching, process improvment and individual Employee relations cases management.
Management of Employee Relations includes, but is not limited to assistance with complex employment policy interpretation, workforce grievances, advice of management on discipline.The ER specialist manages assigned cases to ensure appropriate resolution of service requests within defined time periods, levels of accuracy and quality standards and customer satisfaction levels. They treat the workforce with dignity and respect, maintaining high levels of confidentiality, trust and integrity in the handling of sensitive matters.
- Respond to Employee Relations requests from customers (prioritizing as appropriate) and executes on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines.
- Develop and manage investigation plans (assignment of proper resources; identification of witnesses and key individuals; method, order and timing of interviews; identification of evidence to gather, maintaining contact with case owner, manager and key stakeholders.
- Identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes and provide support to implement these initiatives by highlighting and discussing key changes/improvement programs with the Cluster Employee Relations Lead.
- Identify relevant policies and practices to determining whether violation of policies or practices occurred
- Assist with the development of performance improvement plans (PIP) and Corrective Action steps; Review to determine if suitable, reasonable, measurable and actionable
- Handle requests from client legal team for gathering information for responding to legal claims, attorney letters, agency charges, lawsuits etc. related to ER cases.
- Provide insights and intelligence with respect to trends and opportunities
- Communicate and interact effectively with customers and team members; develop credibility and trust relationships with customers, supervisors, and team members.
- Contribute to scheduled and ad hoc training in order to improve performance and promote continuous learning
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned
- Interact and interface with customers, vendors, service providers, and other third parties as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies.
- Investigate issue areas and determine methods of mitigation in order to resolve problems within acceptable timeframes, routing or escalating inquiries as appropriate in order to achieve effective and timely resolution.
- Education in any of the following fields: Human Resources Management, Employment law, Psychology or Coaching.
- Previous professional experience in HR field
- German and English language skills on proficiency level
- Swiss Labor Law knowledge (we don’t need a lawyer but solid knowledge on level ‘Personalfachfrau’)
- Coaching and advanced communication skills
- Problem solving mind set
If you are a creative innovator and willing to drive the change within a dynamic and complex environment then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.)
Cilag GmbH International (8525)