Johnson & Johnson Careers
Regional Director GTO EMEA F/M
Requisition ID: 1805679037W
***The location can be discussed***
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Director Regional Technical Operations provides overall leadership and is responsible for the technical operations groups in the regional Consumer Supply Chain structure, with direct line reporting in the EMEA region.
This role partners with:
- Global Technical Operations Global Strategy and Governance group
- Research and development
- Regional Value Stream leads
- Internal and external Manufacturing management
- Quality Assurance
Base business support:
The position has direct responsibility for collaboration of technical and functional resources to drive continuous improvement and consistency in the tech transfer and manufacture of OTC/Self Care products & processes. This includes elements of base business support like technical CAPA and investigations, troubleshooting support etc. The direction from this position will have a significant impact on revenue growth, quality improvements, compliance remediations, and cost reduction for the OTC business across the region.
This includes elements of base business support like technical CAPA and investigations, troubleshooting support etc. The direction from this position will have a significant impact on revenue growth, quality improvements, compliance remediations, and cost reduction for the OTC business across the region.
The position holder is the point of contact for alignment on priorities and needs with the regional business. This includes contacts with senior regional management, PMO, finance etc. Position holder represents global Technical Operations and EMEA region in project governance processes and regional decision boards.
- Ensure quality and compliance in all actions
- Lead consistent approaches and processes across EMEA in alignment with regional and global technical policies and procedures. Responsible for the technical strategy and execution for validation of OTC products as well as the regional technical governance forums.
- Ensure clear identification of project goals and the benefits to be realized.
- Provide mentorship to resolve issues.
- Participate as appropriate with the Platform leads to deliver value through standardization of key processes including but not limited to Tech Transfer, Characterization, and Validation.
- Support effective product lifecycle and knowledge management in close collaboration with the technical need state leaders and aligned with the global and regional value stream priorities.
- Shape and influence the E2E value stream design for the Self Care need-states, collaborating with each of the supply chain functions
- Serve as member of the global Technical Operations leadership team. Participate in and influence Technical Operations strategic direction and assume leadership of key strategic initiatives.
- Lead the performance and development of direct reports including goal and objective setting, career and succession planning; Ensure the identification and completion of assigned training for direct reports.
- Partner with Research and Development to establish and maintain processes for planning, developing, and commercializing new products resulting in well-characterized, validated, highly capable, cost effective manufacturing processes.
- Prepare, manage, and own direct responsibility for the regional departmental operating budget;
- Ensure staffing meets requirements to deliver commitments and shape future. Partner with Human Resources to assess skills and competencies, develop/execute remediation plans as indicated, and hire/retain key talent.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry, Pharmacy, or Engineering is required. M.S., or Ph.D in Chemistry, Pharmacy, or Engineering is preferred.
- Reference experience minimums noted below.
- 10+ years of industry experience is required. Relevant experience includes product/process development of pharmaceutical/OTC /Medical Device products, manufacturing of pharmaceutical/OTC/Medical Device products; R&D, Technical Services, Engineering in pharmaceutical/OTC field.
- Experience must include a minimum of 8 years prior people management responsibilities.
- In depth knowledge and application of FDA, ICH and other applicable regulatory requirements and latest guidance in the development, validation, and manufacture of pharmaceutical and OTC products required.
- Ability to collaborate with and influence manufacturing site leadership teams regarding prioritization and resourcing required.
- Ability to inform, communicate with, and influence Senior Management regarding validated state of respective products/processes and indicated priorities required.
- Knowledge and application of pharmaceutical/OTC product and process development; life-cycle management of this class of products including strategies for continuous improvement required.
- Knowledge and application of pharmaceutical/OTC manufacturing and formulation technologies for liquid and solid dose manufacturing and product development required.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in problem-solving and decision-making; to collaborate with and influence business partner leaders with a focus on data, science, and technology required.
- Ability to constructively challenge cross-functional project teams and business partners to achieve project goals and global make strategic plans required.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and presentation skills required.
- Certifications/Licenses: Six Sigma Black Belt Certification preferred.
The Leadership Imperative elements of major importance for this position are:
- Connect – Strong collaboration skills to manage important cross-functional and multiple site relationships; collaboration with partner(s) within Technical Operations, Quality, Make.
- Shape – Integrate tech ops region for optimal collaboration and leverage; be a key change agent in support of establishing the global technical operations organization; ability to shape and implement process measures and improvements; influence within global OTC technical operations and in collaboration with JSC/Pharma.
- Deliver – Business results including revenue growth, cost reduction, and improvements to reliable supply/customer service; Consistency in standards and procedures across multiple OTC sites in the Americas
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making skills are critical. Decisions will be based on Company, industry, and regulatory standards and will be data-based. Customer safety, product efficacy, and the J&J Credo will be the foundation for decisions.
- Innovation is key to meeting project objectives while adhering to cost, schedule, and cGMP/safety/environmental regulations. The position will encourage and support direct reports to identify, determine feasibility, and develop innovations to meet customer requirements and drive business results.
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)