Johnson & Johnson Karrieren
EMEA Lead (f/m) Digital Surgery Platform Medical and Clinical Affairs
Requisition ID: 1805678482W
Our long-term vision is to use digital technology as part of a holistic approach to surgery across the episode of care to enhance surgical efficiency, promote better clinical outcomes and increase patient satisfaction. You will provide clinical leadership in EMEA for Ethicon’s Digital Surgery Platform. You will collaborate closely with both the global and regional (EMEA) multi-functional evidence teams: Medical, Clinical, Pre-clinical and Health Economics and Market Access.
The position is assigned in EMEA at any JNJ location.
- You lead and ensure harmonized, efficient communication between the region's cross-functional teams and regional regulatory, medical and clinical groups to promote customer engagement, adoption and satisfaction with the digital surgical system
- You assess and specify the evidence requirements for digital surgery in EMEA and drive alignment with the corresponding needs and associated evidence generation strategy within the global evidence team
- You evaluate and define regional needs and supply to regional optimization of system educational plan. You include country-specific needs and incorporate those for education and training
- You chip in to the KOL program by developing and enriching relationships with external KOLs in EMEA. Support KOLs in system adoption and clinical studies
- You build sustainable relationships with key Digital Surgery partners across the EMEA region and oversee medical affairs activities across the region, working hand in hand with country and regional medical and marketing colleagues.
- You meet with external innovators to evaluate innovations to facilitate the review of long-term market opportunities in the field of digital surgery and unmet medical needs
- Craft and execute the vision beyond Robotic Surgery: including elements such as advanced instrumentation and visualization, data analytics, machine learning and an integrated OR connectivity
- You lead clinical scientific discussions with regulatory agencies / notified bodies to drive support of the clinical and regulatory strategy, including proposed clinical investigations; review process of clinical evidence generated for marketing authorization
- In close collaboration with the global evidence team, you develop and support execution of clinical and pre-clinical studies of the highest scientific quality, within timelines and budgets. Align strategy, budget and resource allocation in close partnership with the cross-functional and regional partners in Regulatory and Medical and (Pre-) Clinical Affairs Operational Groups, as well as integrate the health economic and market access aspects, to allow market leadership while insuring patient safety
- You support evidence generation strategies (Pre-and Post-Market approval- studies, Investigator Initiated, Real World Evidence) aligned to the needs of the R&D, Regulatory and Commercial organization
- You bring forward regional topics and trends of clinical interest for consideration in evidence generation plans
- Medical degree in human medicine with doctorate and clinical experience and extensive hands on experience with the robotic approach
- Experience in strategic planning specifically in the management of clinical trial operations/execution
- Capability and expertise and in forming teams to meet the needs of a global set of businesses
- Proven success in delivering clinical programs within clinical / surgical research setting
- Excellent English written and spoken is mandatory, other languages are an advantage for communicating with customers and colleagues in EMEA
- Ability to lead, inspire and influence colleagues through a period of high change, vision and strategy setting
- Ability to build successful relationships internally and develop partnerships with key business partners and customers/investigators
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical BV (7260)