Johnson & Johnson Careers
Territory Manager / Account Manager - 12 Month FTC - London / South Essex
Requisition ID: 1805678275W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career.
Position – Territory Manager 12 Month FTC
Location – Field Based – London and South Essex
Reports to Southern UK Sales Manager
This role is to maximize direct and indirect sales of AMO products range from the defined sales territory, whilst controlling costs and maximizing profitability of territory.
Identification and negotiation of business opportunities to achieve sales objectives across the equipment product range within the boundaries of JnJ Vision sales & marketing strategies and the respective laws and ethical business practices.
Sales: Product promotion, negotiation, contracts & tenders
- Achieves or exceed sales targets in each section of the specialist product range.
- Liaises with tender adjudicators and decision makers to identify & influence tender conditions. Monitors and ensures ongoing performance of contracts & tenders.
- Lobbies to introduce new products, concepts and surgical techniques in-line with company strategy. Carries out equipment/product demonstrations to support the same.
- Demonstrates effective use of promotional items and literature and marketing support items.
- Demonstrates a consistently high level of selling and negotiation skills in relation to gaining orders and contracts for equipment products.
- Provides a level of service to existing and potential customers consistent with company standards.
- Identifies, communicates and builds strong relations with Key Opinion Leaders and the entire decision-making chain.
- Promotes the company products & image to the benefit of the customer and JnJ Vision.
- Identifies and proposes new added-value services for the customer, without reducing profitability.
- Develops an annual action-oriented Business Plan in-line with available resources, sales & marketing objectives and follows up throughout the year.
- Assures regular and accurate weekly, monthly and quarterly planning and reporting according to protocols as defined by Sales Manager.
- Demonstrates effective analytical skills to define and progress our position in the market place.
- Maximises time spent with the customer by effective monthly and daily call planning to achieve agreed activity rate by customer type and product group.
- Ensures that territory records are kept accurate and up to date within Company CRM system.
- Completes all reports and office communication accurately, including emails and expenses and submits and replies punctually.
- Maintains all company property in a clean and tidy state.
- Services company car according to schedule and takes care to avoid preventable accidents.
- Demonstrates a positive and constructive attitude towards colleagues and other company personnel thus minimising conflict and maximising teamwork.
- Provides accurate and timely feedback to relevant departments in order that any necessary action may be taken.
- Attends and contributes to the success of relevant events such as regional, national and international congresses.
- Actively contributes to the collation of competitive intelligence updates including clinical and strategic activity.
- Participates and presents as required at company sales & training meetings and conferences.
- Assists as requested in the coaching of new colleagues in the field.
- Demonstrates and develops computer skills to facilitate the achievement of objectives.
- Develops and maintains an expert knowledge of cataract surgery and its associated products.
- Develops and maintains a high level of knowledge of our competitors’ products, prices and activity.
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of the NHS supply structure, its personnel and policy and monitors any changes that occur.
- Exhibits high standards of professionalism, conduct and behaviour. Promotes a positive and ethical image of the company both internally and externally.
- Seeks assistance where appropriate to achieve the best business outcome and/or to further develop an understanding of the sales process, negotiation and business management.
- Undertakes any further duties from time to time as may be reasonably required by the Company.
Describe important duties and responsibilities, not mentioned above, that are less significant and may not critical to accomplishing the core functions of the job
- Consignment Management: Liaise with Territory Support Specialist to ensure Consignment stock levels are in keeping with Company guidelines, thus maximizing profit through effective Process management of JnJ Vison IOL product range
- Consider and identify qualifications potential applicants must possess in order to be considered for the position. Basic Qualifications must be clearly stated, objective and relevant to this particular position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Uncompromised requirements for the role):
(Include any required computer skills, certifications, licenses, languages, etc.)
Proven sales success of selling within Hospital (Operating theatre) environment
- Theatre Access Accreditation/MIA certified
- Excellent presentation skills
- Full driving license
(Include any preferred computer skills, certifications, licenses, languages, etc or abilities that are assets to performing in the role.)
- Selling background with 'blue chip' FMCG Company.
- Life Science qualification
- Negotiation experience
- Ophthalmology experience
Identify the most important working relationships with people inside and outside the company including customers, vendors, associations, etc. Briefly describe the nature of the contacts.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confidant.
AMO United Kingdom Ltd. (8339)