Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior EHSS Engineer
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Environmental Health & Safety
Requisition ID: 1805677192W
SCOPE OF THE ROLE AND BASIC PURPOSE
The position is designed to provide business support for Environmental Health and Safety & Sustainability
(EHS&S) with primary focus on the Liquids manufacturing plant in PJ, Malaysia. The main functions of EHS&S
Senior Engineer are to ensure that the manufacturing plant is in operations with full compliance with all legal
legislation of the country, as well as Johnson & Johnson Worldwide EHS&S Standards. This can be achieved
• Close collaboration and engagement with EHSS Committee including the Union
• Partnership and support by the PLT (Plant Leadership Team) and respective project team members
• EHSS knowledge building and sharing with Subject Matter Experts in J&J community
• Effective working relationship with the various EHSS local authorities
The scope of key responsibilities:
• Cascade country’s EHSS plan to the waged group of employees and drive the implementation of key safety
programs to proactively prevent injuries/illnesses. For examples:
- Job Safety Analysis with HIRARC (hazard identification, risk assessment and control)
- Near Miss tracking, via ‘Pink Form’ reporting
- Internal auditing or inspection by EHSS Committee; with reward & recognition elements
• Co-lead with departmental owner on critical EHSS programs for example machine safety, electrical safety,
STF (slip-trip-fall), contractor safety, etc. to ensure sustainability of key initiatives
• Support the regulatory compliance reporting requirement on dust collectors, boiler stack emission,
wastewater, hazardous waste monitoring data, etc. This includes the follow-up actions with testing agency
and internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and on-time reporting
• Participate in the execution of local projects and provide EHSS input to the project team eg. water
conversation, waste, energy efficiency projects, etc.
• Monitor the successful completion of Annual Training Master Plan according to certification / compliance
needs. This may include the application of training funds from HRDF, organizing logistics of training
programs, attendance tracking, knowledge test with “Learn & Earn”, and maintaining accurate training
record for auditing purposes.
• Provide IH (industrial hygiene) support in the areas of chemical substance management and noise/hearing
• Track to oversee the Site CAPA (Corrective Action and Preventive Action) Plan by inclusion of all audits
and/or incidents’ CAPA; coordinate efforts between cross-functional teams to ensure CAPA closure
• Review all applicable SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and assign ownership across the
organization to drive adherence to all set rules and procedures.
• Coordinate the function of Emergency Response Team for the manufacturing plant.
• Key contact point for organizing EHSS events or annual promotional campaign eg. EHSS Week, Energy
Week, Safety or Environment Month, Safety recognition award, etc.
The position will be measured primarily on:
• The successful deployment and implementation of various EHSS programs to prevent accidents, injuries
and illness (eg. effective deployment of J&J Safety Culture in Malaysia)
• Deliver all EHSS strategies and goals as per country’s OGSM.
• Support and coordinate all the scheduled / surprise audits by local authorities/government agencies.
• High engagement with employees in the manufacturing/supply chain functions, particularly in addressing
urgent EHSS needs with the management team
• Support the tactical plan of WWEHS global programs to deliver measurable result
• Lead the site EHSS Committee and participate in the local project team to ensure compliance to EHSS
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
• Min 5 years of experience
• Must possess at least a recognized Degree in Environment / H&S / Engineering or equivalent
• Adequate technical knowledge of various EHSS disciplines in manufacturing environment will be an
• DOE certified Environment professional course in the operation of industrial effluent treatment system
(preference will be given)
• A good team player, and able to build good working relationship with various project teams
• Competent officer who liaise with DOSH, DOE & etc. pertaining to EHSS issues
Johnson & Johnson Sdn. Bhd. (8275)
Environmental Health & Safety