Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist (2 years)
Requisition ID: 1805675941W
Janssen Research & Development is recruiting an Associate Scientist, located in Beerse, Belgium.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and balanced lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development discovers and develops creative medical solutions to address meaningful unmet medical needs in neuroscience, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Associate Scientist will join the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area for two years, to support the preclinical research in the project portfolio of the Neuroscience Discovery group.
General tasks & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and conduct experiments, analyze, interpret and present data in a clear presentation ready format.
- Support in vitro and in vivo studies with biochemical analyses, histology, development of molecular and biological tools & assays.
- Maintain timely and accurate electronic records.
- Assist in generating and validation of technical reports, and review reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety laboratory safety standards and maintain company compliance requirements.
- Attend in-house seminars and local/regional scientific meetings in own field.
This is not a detailed, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree (MSc) or equivalent in the Life Sciences (molecular/cellular biology, biochemistry, pharmacology) with at least 1 year of meaningful pharmaceutical or biotech industry/ lab/ academic experience.
- Experience with both in vitro and in vivo research is desirable (i.e. cell culture, ICC, IHC, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, microscopy, routine animal handling, dissections).
- Ability to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is required.
Personal skills and competencies
- Accreditation or Certification of Regularization by Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations (FELASA), or similar foreign certification.
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems.
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including English). Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards with the investigational site staff, team members and functional manager.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)