Johnson & Johnson Careers
Portfolio Management Leader
Beijing, China; Beijing, China
Requisition ID: 1805675814W
- Janssen Research and Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a R&D Strategy and Portfolio Management to be located in Shanghai or Beijing, China
- At the Janssen, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
- Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
- The Portfolio Management Leader is critical member of China R&D team and plays a significant role in supporting the portfolio decisions in China. She/He will be accountable for the portfolio management process, system, and reporting; and is responsible for developing and providing portfolio analyses and strategic insights to proactively address senior management business questions and guide investment decisions in R&D.
- This position supports the Senior Director, Strategy and Operation Strategy, in developing strategic frames and business cases to support senior leader decision making, including R&D Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Xian Janssen SLT. This position will also partner very closely with Finance, Therapeutic Areas Leaders in R&D and with the Commercial Strategy Organization to facilitate discussions and provide insights for critical R&D business processes, such as Disease Area Stronghold (DAS) strategy updates, Development portfolio prioritization, Discovery portfolio, and Business Plan/Long Range Financial Plan (BP/LRFP) processes. Finally, this position will collaborate seamlessly across the various departments within China R&D and Commercial organizations.
- Provide clear recommendations for portfolio decision making through analysis of trends, patterns, interpretations and quality control on project and portfolio data in the area of portfolio analytics and insights.
- Contribute to critical R&D strategic initiatives as a strategic leader with a broad understanding of the business, pipeline and external views.
- Provide appropriate framing of business portfolio challenges to ask the pivotal questions needed for decision making. Deliver insights from analytics that help answer those key business questions.
- Provide strategic input to further expanding the portfolio management vision for R&D including deeper understanding of compound and TA strategies, development alternatives, and portfolio trade-off insights to senior management.
- Establish strong and enduring relationships, as well as, build seamless exchange of information with key partners within China R&D,) and Finance.
- Provide operational and strategic portfolio decision making support for R&D Decision Support Leaders, Finance and the Global Commercial Strategy Organization to facilitate optimized and timely decision making.
- Partner within the PMO to ensure highest quality of data and project management analytics while ensuring transparency on how information is shared outside the PMO.
- Own portfolio management) system, portfolio management process, and associated business rules. Partner with Commercial organization and R&D teams to ensure data are updated timely.
- Lead the cross-TA portfolio prioritization and optimization process and portfolio review process. Integrate portfolio management with BP process to ensure adequate resource planning
- Co-Lead the risk management operational review meeting with Project Management Lead to maintain up to date programs status and escalate evolving portfolio risks as soon as identified to SLT
- Lead, facilitate and manage creation fact book that can serve as the single source of truth for innovation projects and LCM projects
- Establish and deploy Milestone tracking and reporting capability to baseline, track and report on key portfolio milestones at the cross-sector level
- Management of Innovation Performance tracking (and other dashboards as needed) in collaboration with finance based on agreed upon G&Os and metrics
- Creation of a benchmarking repository to store relevant innovation portfolio related benchmarking data centrally
- Development of portfolio process improvements, including portfolio management tools.
- Lead, facilitate and manage special assignments as delegated by Strategy and Operation head and China R&D leadership team
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
• An advanced degree in business (e.g. MBA, etc.) and/or scientific degree (e.g. MS, MD, PhD, etc.) is preferred
• A minimum of 10 years of progressive, global business experience in a healthcare related business is required
• Ability to synthesize and interpret complex data is required
• Excellent analytical and presentation skills required
• Prior experience in portfolio management in Commercial or R&D setting is required
• Experience with R&D processes, strategic planning, and commercial analytics is preferred
• Previous strategy/management consulting (or similar experience) is preferred
• Ability to act as a change agent and adapt to changing business and organizational issues is preferred
• Experience with collaborating and influencing in matrix organizations is preferred.
• This position will be located in China, Beijing or Shanghai and will require up to 20% domestic and international travel
J&J (China) Investments Ltd A- Beijing Branch (7075)