Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Research and Test Engineer- Tribology
Leeds, United Kingdom
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 1805675567W
Senior Test Engineer
Beeston, Leeds, United Kingdom
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is investing in early stage research and insights to build our long-term pipeline and enable us to implement innovative disease and care pathways on behalf of customers and the patients we all serve. As this investment includes attracting top talent, DePuy Synthes Research & Development department is recruiting for a Senior Test Engineer to join its high performing team.
The R&D function of DePuy Synthes offers exciting career opportunities for high calibre Engineering professionals. We provide value by delivering superior engineering performance, supporting our internal and external customers and by developing great business leaders. At DePuy Synthes, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Senior Test Engineer. This role is ideal for someone who wants to progress their technical journey in a challenging and rewarding environment. In this role, you will provide the expertise and knowledge to areas of new product verification testing, research and analysis of field failures.
What you’re great at:
You will excel at analysing and critiquing designs in prototype development stages in order to provide a functional test of efficacy. You will have a keen interest and understanding of instrument testing, failure mode investigation, mechanics, materials, international standards and bioengineering in both the industrial and academic fields.
You will have a strong engineering focus and be able to work effectively across many different functions which will ensure that we meet both the customer and the business needs. You will have a strong sense of personal responsibility and be able to work both as an individual leader and be a strong team player.
You will welcome and even seek out challenging situations as an opportunity to grow, something that will be recognized by the appreciative and rewarding working environment that is DePuy Synthes.
As a Senior Test Engineer, your typical day may include:
• Undertake complex mechanical/numerical analysis and product functional testing in particular to complex in vitro simulations
• Research data, Translate biomechanical kinematic scenarios into complex simulation test procedures in the laboratory
• Undertake complex data analysis
• Lead complex programs of laboratory work, working with laboratories across the world.
• Review and approve test reports authored by engineering colleagues
• Create technical reports and author peer reviewed publications
• Develop and design company related procedures and processes
• Foster, develop and co-ordinate external links, relationships and strategic alliances
• Ability to lead new initiatives and develop testing methodology and strategy.
You will hold an engineering degree with experience research or test environment either with academia or industry. Ideally you will be from an orthopaedic background but we will consider other regulated industries.
You will also have:
• Exceptional communication skills to allow you to work effectively across various levels and teams
• Forward thinking – always looking to improve and not accept the status quo
• Logical and analytical approach
• Ability to interpret data
• Ability to design own experiments
• Experience of working within a regulated environment
It would be a distinct advantage if you had previous commercial laboratory experience, or a related PhD.
To be a success in this role you will be passionate, enthusiastic and committed, with a can do attitude which will enable you to build effective relationships and networks locally/globally. You will be able to make complex issues clear and transparent and be a strong problem solver.
In return for all this great work, you’ll own and you’ll grow by:
Within DePuy Sythes we are always looking for future leaders so this position will give you great visibility to showcase your talents and develop your career. We will support you to develop both technically and personally.
You will also be rewarded by knowing you are helping patients across the world. This role offers you such a varied experience where you have the opportunity to publish your work whilst further your knowledge and networks by attending international conferences.
If you are ready for your career to excel to the next level then this is one in a life time chance to join the world’s leading health care provider.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines caring deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and influential careers. We are
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Unique in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
CLOSING DATE: 19th August 2018
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Depuy Int'l Ltd. (8722)
R&D Engineering (R&D)