Johnson & Johnson Careers
External Manufacturing Supply Integration Manager 23 month FTC
Requisition ID: 1805674878W
Role: Manager, External Manufacturing Supply Integration.
Location: Cork, Ireland.
Reports to: Manager, External Manufacturing Supply Integration.
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
The Manager, EM Supply Integration will be responsible for multiple global suppliers in support of approximately $25MM - $50MM in spend for DePuy Synthes/Johnson & Johnson Companies. The category and spend are medium - high complexity in nature and require a collaboration with key stakeholders within the business to execute. The Manager will be responsible for supply reliability and for implementing the strategic initiatives for products produced at External Manufacturers. He/she will lead the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for quality, service, innovation compliance adherence and financial performance.
He/she will provide Global and Regional Leadership for deploying end-to-end supplier strategies, fostering key relationships within the business and managing supplier relationships. The position must connect, shape, and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Understanding Business and Operations Practices
- Culturally aware and politically sensitive
- Strategic thinking
- Good influencing & negotiation skills
- Performance and results driven
- A team player
- Project Management skills
- Presenting complex information with confidence to stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally.
As an External Manufacturing Supply Integration Manager your typical day may include:
· Own relationship with assigned suppliers: Monitor performance, develop and lead regular performance reviews (S&OP, CIP execution, QBR, Planning, Quality reviews, etc.), oversee product tech transfers and engage suppliers in lean process improvements. Manage supplier operations as a virtual plant manager.
· Drive value to our Customer & bring valuable alternative options to stakeholders.
· Have a passion for being customer-focused and collaborative within the organization.
· Foster a culture of high performance within the teams and with suppliers.
· Work with suppliers to bring innovative solutions for unmet needs.
· Conduct CIP ideation sessions with suppliers; develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J.
· Develop Ops Plans (incl. budgets, volume planning, etc.) with EM sites; Ensure alignment on the outcomes with key internal partners.
· Identify potential Quality/Regulatory, Technical and/or Supply Chain challenges. Work with key internal stakeholders and EM sites to resolve.
· Develop, implement and lead proactive change and risk management processes for suppliers.
· Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, and growth commitments
· Own New Product Introduction process with EMs; Plan and direct NPIs with key internal stakeholder alignment, lead J&J/EM resource meetings and ensure successful NPI launch.
· Escalate issues that may impact our overall business.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
Ø Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior Supply chain or operations role within a regulated industry with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading cross-functional teams.
Ø Proven ability to successfully manage projects and key supplier initiatives.
Ø Proven ability to Influence with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, and Supply Chain); has "presence".
Ø Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization can effectively and efficiently move through transitions.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring
• Responsible to our communities
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
• Rare in our background and experiences
• The drivers of our own success
• Passionate about doing what’s right
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)