Johnson & Johnson Careers
Post-doc Research Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805674655W
Janssen’s vision is to transform patients' lives by discovering and developing innovative solutions to address the most meaningful medical needs of our time. By delivering differentiated new treatments consistently and cost-effectively, we will also accelerate the growth of Johnson & Johnson's pharmaceutical business.
Our strategy consists of five key elements:
- A therapeutic area focused end-to-end approach that incorporates research, early development, late development, life cycle management, and customer insights into one seamless strategy for all compounds in the pipeline. We will focus on seven therapeutic areas with high unmet medical needs - Immunology, Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Neuroscience, Infectious Diseases, Vaccines and Pulmonary Hypertension.
- We will demonstrate our broad-based capabilities in biology, pharmacology, small molecule chemistry, biotechnology, and scientific and medical knowledge, and our global development organization across all five therapeutic areas. This will allow our entire business to benefit from our science-driven approach to R&D, and, combined with our integrated global best practices, will promote flexibility and efficiency.
- We will augment our internal research with external innovation by implementing an open innovation scientific strategy to build collaborations with leading scientists in the world, and by continuing to strengthen our pipeline through strategic partnerships, and licensing and acquisitions.
- We will build close linkages with our medical affairs and commercial colleagues to ensure that we embed customer, physician, and payor insights into our compound development strategies to build optimal value and access for our products to ultimately benefit patients.
- We will leverage the depth and breadth of talent and expertise across our organization to help us meet the challenges that we face, and will engage our workforce actively in building and shaping our future vision and organization.
The Neuroscience Therapeutic Area is deeply committed to patients and to health care professionals and loved ones who care for them. Our research and development priorities are Neuro-degeneration, Mood Disorders, and Schizophrenia. Across neuroscience, our researchers are exploring the emerging science of synaptic plasticity, neuro-inflammation and cellular resilience, with an emphasis on developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of severe mood disorders and neurodegenerative disorders.
The Post-Doctoral Research Scientist will join the Neuroscience Therapeutic Area to support the preclinical research in the project portfolio of the Neuroscience Discovery group.
General tasks & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan and conduct experiments, analyze, interpret and present data in a clear presentation ready format.
- Support preclinical studies with biochemical analyses, histology, development of molecular and biological tools & assays.
- Maintain timely and accurate electronic records.
- Assist in generating and validation of technical reports, and review reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety laboratory safety standards and maintain company compliance requirements.
- Attend in-house seminars and local/regional scientific meetings in own field.
This is not an extensive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Biology or related area(s).
- Expert knowledge of and experience in neurodegenerative disorders is desirable.
- Hands-on experience in various in vivo techniques (routine animal handling, dissections, IHC). Accreditation or Certification of Regularization by Federation of European Laboratory Animal Science Associations (FELASA B or C), or similar foreign certification.
- Experience with in vitro research is desirable (i.e. cell culture, ICC, ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, microscopy).
Personal skills and competencies
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally.
- Demonstrates creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems.
- Intellectually curious and well-informed on the latest scientific advances in the field.
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills. Experienced in the writing and composition of scientific reports and manuscripts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (including English). Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards with the investigational site staff, team members and functional manager.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)