Johnson & Johnson Careers
Communication Public Affairs Manager
Requisition ID: 1805674523W
What type of mark will you make?
Your unique talents and perspective can make a vital contribution to innovative products that improve the lives of people everywhere. Career opportunities within Johnson & Johnson companies may provide you with an ideal setting to build your leadership experience; express your passion and touch the world.
Build Your Career with Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is a leading and one of the largest healthcare companies in the world including three sectors: Pharmaceutical, Consumer and Medical Device & Diagnostics. We are well-known for QUALITY, an achievement brought about by careful planning, a conscious and consistent effort in using advanced manufacturing technology and providing excellent development opportunities for people to attain optimal performance. Our products are recognized in the worldwide market under the brands of JOHNSON's, CLEAN & CLEAR, MODESS, CAREFREE, LISTERINE, BAND-AID, and so on.
At Johnson & Johnson, our company's ethical character is defined by our people. We strive to attract people with strong, positive values, and we develop, reinforce and reward those values. Our special set of values is embodied in Our Credo, a respected, legendary document that has guided our company for almost 70 years. As our ethical framework, it outlines our responsibility to our customers, employees, communities and stockholders. As you get to know us, you'll realize that our people choose to live Our Credo - to work at making it vital day-in and day-out - not because it is required, but because it feels right.
If you are looking for more than a job, and are inspired by the opportunity to create the future to bring quality of life to the world, we invite you to build your career with us.
RESPONSIBILITIES/PRINCIPAL DUTIES (Essential Functions)
Build external stakeholder trust/advocacy through strategic communication plans development and implementation
- Develop strong partnerships with and serve as trusted advisor to the Johnson & Johnson (“J&J”) Vietnam country teams across three key sectors (consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices), businesses and brands
- Integrate knowledge from external and internal networks; multi-stakeholder insights; and understanding of business, competitive and industry priorities in the implementation of strategic communication plans that build, enhance, and reinforce the reputation of J&J in the local market and at a region level in SEA.
- Contribute to the development of strategic communication plans and implement elements as assigned, aligning with and advancing both business and C&PA goals and strategic priorities. Examples of responsibilities might include:
- Strategic Counsel: providing counsel to the country and regional leadership teams to appropriately position J&J the local market
- Content Development: developing press releases, media statements, media backgrounders, fact sheets, external and internal presentations; executive speeches, spokesperson briefing documents, corporate brochure copy; developing executive messages and other social media content; developing materials regarding J&J for use with external partners, etc.
- Stakeholder engagement: managing patient engagement initiatives across our businesses; helping build relationships with and act as liaison to key third-party influencers and external constituencies including but not limited to government and non-government organisations, business / industry associations, patient advocacy groups, academia, HCPs etc.
- Leadership profiling: securing high impact speaking engagements for local and regional leadership team, participation in appropriate regional and country level awards
- Media Relations: Develop and execute proactive media relations strategies and key media messaging for members of the J&J Leadership team ahead of media interviews and other key external events; proactively and strategically manage various media inquiries with timely, respectful and informed responses; develop relationships with key media, including social media influencers
- Manage agencies and budgets as assigned - Supervise writing, editing, and marketing of stories by agencies, staff/freelancers, development of print, electronic, and other materials related to external activities. Oversee maintenance of distribution lists and databases, and timely distribution of news releases, photos, information packages, and other materials.
- Identify and apply key metrics to communication practices, and provide insights that drive confidence, integration and alignment.
- Ensure plans leverage competitive advantage of a single-Enterprise set of strategic priorities, and actively encourage best practice sharing between markets
- Proactively monitor and identify potential enterprise- /franchise- /brand-related issues and develop issues-management strategies
- Manage product issues and other situations that may impact stakeholder trust and company reputation
- Partner with colleagues across the SEA region as well as regional and global C&PA colleagues across sectors, Media Relations, Workforce Communication, Strategy & Insights and other CoEs to ensure Enterprise alignment and help execute issue response strategies
- Develop messages that engage, inform and align stakeholders and enable them to address media queries
Drive employee engagement and advocacy through powerful organizational communication
- Support in developing and implementing a strategic plan to communicate the J&J Vietnam and Southeast Asia vision/mission, enterprise business strategy and updates, and organizational goals.
- Examples of responsibilities might include management of employee portal, including developing editorial calendar and posts; shaping and managing employee meetings such as regional / in-market townhalls; development of leadership messages, business updates, positioning employee CSR efforts, maintenance of distribution lists and databases
- Bring an innovative and compelling approach to content creation and storytelling that achieves an emotional connection with audience
- Based on a deep understanding of the new realities of digital and social platforms, develop communication efforts that drive dialogue and engagement
- Collaborate across Workforce Communication CoE, HR, and others to build powerful, seamless and integrated organizational communication
- Drive outcomes by aligning the team behind a measurement approach to organizational communication, incorporating relevant metrics that are indicators of employee engagement
EXPERIENCE AND FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Education and/or additional training: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, marketing, liberal arts, science or business
- At least eight years of experience in communication or related field, preferably in a company, NGO, government agency or public relations agency
- Demonstrated ability to develop compelling stories, with superior written, oral and visual communication skills
- Experience dealing with national and local lay, professional/trade and social media
- Ability to write and present clearly and persuasively in English and Vietnamese.
- Demonstrated analytic ability
- Deep understanding of digital and social platforms
- Excellent judgment
- Ability to navigate in a highly decentralized, collaborative work environment, to influence, align and deliver on strategic and tactical topics, at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain perspective and bring positive attitude and courage to partnership discussions
- Professional maturity and ability to work effectively across levels, functions, regions and backgrounds
- Ability to stay aligned with overall strategic direction while applying diligence and attention to detail in execution and reliably meeting deadlines
Vietnam-Ho Chi Minh City-Ho Chi Minh City
Janssen-Cilag Ltd (7335)