Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805674172W
Janssen’s vision is to transform patients' lives by discovering and developing innovative solutions to address the most important medical needs of our time. By delivering differentiated new treatments consistently and cost-effectively, we will also accelerate the growth of Johnson & Johnson's pharmaceutical business.
Our strategy consists of five key elements:
- A therapeutic area focused end-to-end approach that incorporates research, early development, late development, life cycle management, and customer insights into one flawless strategy for all compounds in the pipeline. We will focus on five therapeutic areas with high unmet medical needs - Immunology, Oncology, Cardiovascular and Metabolism, Neuroscience, and Infectious Diseases.
- We will leverage our broad-based capabilities in biology, pharmacology, small molecule chemistry, biotechnology, and scientific and medical knowledge, and our global development organization across all five therapeutic areas. This will allow our entire business to benefit from our science-driven approach to R&D, and, combined with our integrated global best practices, will promote flexibility and efficiency.
- We will augment our internal research with external innovation by implementing an open innovation scientific strategy to build collaborations with leading scientists in the world, and by continuing to strengthen our pipeline through strategic partnerships, and licensing and acquisitions.
- We will build close linkages with our medical affairs and commercial colleagues to ensure that we embed customer, physician, and payor insights into our compound development strategies to build optimal value and access for our products to ultimately benefit patients.
- We will leverage the depth and breadth of talent and expertise across our organization to help us meet the challenges that we face, and will engage our workforce actively in building and shaping our future vision and organization.
The Neuroscience Therapeutic Area is deeply committed to patients and to health care professionals and loved ones who care for them. Our research and development priorities are Neurodegeneration, Mood Disorders, and Schizophrenia. Across neuroscience, our researchers are exploring the emerging science of synaptic plasticity, neuroinflammation and cellular resilience, with an emphasis on developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of severe mood disorders and neurodegenerative disorders.
- Establishment and maintenance of primary murine and human iPSC derived microglial cell cultures, differentiation, creation of stocks and quality control of new cell lines.
- Design and execute cellular and molecular experiments, including transfections, transductions, ELISA, western blotting, immunocytochemistry, imaging, immunoprecipitation, siRNA/shRNA and FACS.
- Demonstrate creative and analytical capabilities to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data. Basic statistical knowledge is mandatory.
- Analyze and document experimental data and prepare SOPs.
- Present scientific data to colleagues and externally.
- Keep up-to-date on literature, conferences, patents, competition landscape related to the meaningful field in support of research and assay development.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders of all functions and external parties.
- Mentor lab technicians and junior scientists.
- Active participation in external research activities and consortia with academia, biotech and industry.
- PhD in Medicine, Biomedical Sciences, Biology or related area(s)
- Solid scientific understanding of in vitro molecular biology and neuroimmunology
- Extensive hands-on experience with culturing/maintaining iPSCs, differentiation, creating stocks and performing QC.
- Skilled in assay development using multiple technology platforms (immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, colorimetric/fluorescence/luminescent plate readers)
- Proven experience in assay development and validation.
- FELASA B/C certification (or equivalent) to conduct in vivo experimentation is an asset
- Expert knowledge of and experience in neurodegenerative disorders is desirable.
- Experienced in the writing and composition of scientific reports and manuscripts.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken).
Non-Technical Skills and Competencies
- Strong team integration and interpersonal skills. The ability to advise, persuade and negotiate with colleagues in a supportive and encouraging manner.
- High level of oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Broad sense of cultural sensitivity and diversity.
- Able to work within cross-functional team environments.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- An ability to handle complex projects and to overcome delays and obstacles.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)