Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Science Liaison
Requisition ID: 1805673882W
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Medical Science LIaison to be located in Beirut.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science ‐‐ bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well‐being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, hroughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion.
Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. And our culture is interconnected by the shared values of Our Credo. It’s a culture that celebrates diversity and diverse perspectives. It helps employees achieve an effective mix between work and home life and supports their efforts to have a positive impact on their communities.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson, provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas, including: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), cardiovascular disease, general medicine (acid reflux disease, infectious diseases), mental health (bipolar I disorder, schizophrenia), neurologics (Alzheimer’s disease, epilepsy, migraine prevention and treatment), pain management, and women’s health. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives.
We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.comOverall purpose of job:
Overall purpose of job:
To be a therapeutic area scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other partners) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with Leading Specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- To stay ahead of medical and scientific knowledge.
- Continuously update their knowledge of products, patient’s treatment trends and clinical activities and studies within the therapeutic area and patient`s treatment trends in the region
- Identify evolving scientific concepts with future clinical implications
- Development and maintenance of a contact network with Leading Specialists.
- Understand their needs, key value drivers, practical treatment patterns and scientific activities within the therapeutic area
- Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with other functions including: MAF, Medical Education, GCO, HEMAR, Commercial
- Communicate the value of company products, supply to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
- Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the developing of innovative approaches
- Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with Medical Advisor(s)/Medical Director
- Recognize and nurture relationships with rising stars within the scientific community
- Dedicated and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
- Communicate directly and dedicatedly scientific information on our products within the approved label
- Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
- Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
- Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities:
- Identify/support/educate speakers
- Build Medical Education programs with scientific third parties
- Organization and participation in Advisory Boards in cooperation with Medical Advisor/Medical Director
- Provision of scientific support to company Sales Representatives
- Provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives in coordination with Training Departments as appropriate
- Act as a reference point for Sales Representatives for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
- Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution in close co-operation with GCO and CROs
- Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Understand Real World Evidence (RWE) methodologies, identify data needs and opportunities, support protocol development and engage in discussions with customers to help design RWE projects
- Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
- Support GCO and CROs in site set up, management and issue resolution
- Contribute to preparation and conduct of investigator meetings, recruitment follow-up and study result presentation
- Manage investigator proposals for IISs and ensure they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision
- Support post marketing surveillance and expanded access programs
- Manage field based medical projects
- Through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the therapeutic area and provide strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan/ business decision-making.
- Through scientific interactions with Leading Specialists, champion medical value of our products fairly based on the risk- benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients
- Ensure safety reporting requirements (timely AE/PQC reporting) as set out in company policies and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) are met and, where applicable, appropriately managed when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors
- Ensure HCC and legal requirements (Fair Market Value, Transfer of Value rules, Promotional Materials rules) are fully understood, appropriately managed and, where applicable, complied when planning projects, developing materials, executing projects and contracting vendors
- Ensure inspection readiness with respect to personal training compliance, and availability of recent CV and individualized Job Description
The role is field-based, as it involves extensive Leading Specialists interactions.
Once a quarter travel may be required
Essential knowledge and skills:
2.1 essential knowledge & skills:
- Deep scientific knowledge in the therapeutic area
- Communication and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Teamwork, leadership and influencing skills
- Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or Nature Science university degree
- Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- Relevant work experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship
- Awareness of business strategy and high customer focus with an understanding of the importance of business results
- Innovative, able to work in a matrix and coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment
- Awareness of, and adherence to, Johnson & Johnson Credo values and International Health Care Business Integrity Guide
Definition of reporting lines:
Medical Affairs provides functional line management to MSLs including objective setting and performance review.
Accountable for (for allocated product(s)): Execution of the MSL activities described in the relevant Medical Affairs Product plan
Core competencies required for this role:
Level of Proficiency
- Industry and Marketplace
2. Organizational Awareness
3. Product and Therapeutic Area Knowledge and Patient Insight
4. Medical Strategy Development
5. Quality Management
6. Clinical Activities Strategy, Planning and Design
7. Budgetary Skills and Performance Metrics
8. Project Management
9. Networking and Collaborating
10. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
11. Business Tools
Medical Science Liaison
Johnson & Johnson Middle East FZ-LLC (Branch) (8612)
Medical Science Liaison