Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Protection Officer Europe & Sr Director, Privacy Compliance EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805673838W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The DPO, Director, Privacy Compliance,
EMEA is a core member of the
Privacy Leadership Team reporting directly to the
Chief Privacy Officer. The DPO, Senior Director , Privacy Compliance , EMEA is
responsible for working with the other members of the Privacy Leadership Team to drive the privacy compliance program worldwide, and to manage the privacy compliance efforts for the J&J functional departments and the operating companies in the EMEA
region cross sector, to ensure
business practices and activities are in compliance with J&J internal guidelines and policies regarding
privacy, and with applicable data privacy and internet laws.
Determines and communicates strategic direction for the privacy officers in the EMEA region in driving privacy compliance programs in the region in partnership with the Privacy Leadership Team and the Chief Privacy Officer .
Has responsibility for the tasks assigned to the Data Protection Officer in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation for the entire J&J group, as and where applicable. In this respect he / she shall be responsible for performing the advisory and monitoring tasks as prescribed in article 39 GDPR and corresponding obligations in national members states’ laws. In addition he / she shall also have the responsibility to be the contact point for the supervisory authority ( ies) , including the obligations to collaborate with such authority(ies). He / she shall exercise the DPO duties in conformity with the applicable GDPR and national regulations , in particular with respect to independence and reporting to the relevant management bodies in the organization. He/ she has the responsibility to have manage and have oversight over a DPO team and implement the necessary organizational measures to manage the team effectively in compliance with GDPR and national laws, as applicable. He/she has the obligation to maintain the necessary levels of expertise to meet these requirements in the context of the evolving business and technical landscape.
Partners with the HCC&P Global Operations leaders, JJT and the Law Department to determine strategy for privacy compliance with respect to standardized privacy policies and procedures, training plans, Testing & Monitoring plans, metrics and risk assessment, data security and maintenance and other operational activities.
Manages and guides privacy compliance efforts for functional departments and operating companies within scope , and manages and guides the privacy team reporting to the Senior Director and guides other privacy associates ( like privacy liaisons ) , to implement effective privacy compliance programs that ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with J&J internal guidelines and policies, and applicable local data privacy and internet laws.
Builds and maintains a network of privacy associates (privacy liaisons) in the operating companies in the region, in collaboration with business leadership and the law department
Represents EMEA on project teams related to privacy compliance in scope.
Advises the business leadership, Chief Privacy Officer and other members of the Privacy Leadership Team of new European and local laws relating to privacy and recommends potential responses, policy changes, and solutions.
As a member of the Privacy Leadership Team, contributes to the strategic direction, strategic objectives and business plan for the worldwide Privacy Compliance function.
Handles or oversees handling of privacy incidents that are escalated from operating companies, and determines strategy for communicating with individuals whose data is involved and/or interacts with data protection and/or enforcement authorities, as required and appropriate
Represents J&J in relevant industry associations and professional organizations for the region
This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions.
Key Contacts inside the Company:
Business leadership at various levels from the functional areas , franchises, affiliates and operating companies
Chief Privacy Officer and other members of the Privacy Leadership Team
HCC&P regional leadership and HCC Officers and Operations personnel
H.R. and JJT management and information security officers
Key Contacts outside the Company:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree is preferred
- Requires a record of success in an environment that demands a sound understanding of the need to balance complex legal/regulatory/public policy issues within the structural and operational realities
- Minimum of 10 years of experience required, including a minimum of 5 years of line managerial experience, in the pharmaceutical, medical device and / or consumer industries
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in Privacy compliance or HCC or related compliance function (IT, quality, finance, regulatory, etc.) required
- Experience creating and implementing a compliance program is required
- Cross-functional and/or cross-sector experience is preferred
- High integrity and professional ethics standards are a requirement
- Requires knowledge of the GDPR and national data protection and privacy laws;
- requires knowledge of compliance management;
- requires knowledge of business practices that involve the collection, use and processing of personally identifiable information and in particular with respect to certain categories of sensitive data in the sectors in which J&J operates and to international data transfer mechanisms.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Legal (Non Attorney)