Johnson & Johnson Careers
Packaging Innovation Staff Engineer
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 1805673272W
The individual will have the following responsibilities: -
- Leading development of new packaging structure for the major Beauty & Baby franchise in the upstream stage. This will require close partnership with the regional GFO, R&D and cross franchise packaging innovation.
- Responsible for developing and implementing cutting edge technology and solutions to deliver packaging innovation and a unique user experience.
- Should also possess a proven track record of developing and launching new, and innovative Consumer packaging solutions.
- Spend considerable time to connect with external suppliers and innovators to make the connections and commercialize the ideas. Through marketing research and consumer science activities, the individual should be able to connect with the consumer and predict/shape the user experience.
- Take on a leadership role with packaging projects and packaging innovation which requires them to possess the ability to influence and interface with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Identify innovation projects and strategic suppliers to partner with (Supplier Enabled Innovation).
- Lead and build up the regional Packaging hub and system for structure design analysis.
- Bachelors’ degree in Packaging, Engineering or a related Science discipline is required;
- 6-8 years’ of working experience in Cosmetic/Personal Care, OTC, Food or related industry is required; with Consumer Cosmetic package development experience strongly preferred
- This position requires in depth knowledge of materials and processes used in construction and manufacturing of cosmetic packaging such as:
- Extrusion/ Injection molding
- Dispensing systems (airless, pumps)
- Custom compact design
- Propel/ Repel mechanism
- Solid understanding of a broad spectrum of packaging materials, structures, components, and related conversion processes is required
- Experience in packaging line trials and package testing is required
- Ability to partner and lead effectively across functions and functional levels is required
- Design and Part Design as well as SolidWorks and 3D printing proficiency is required
- Technical Leadership and Project Management skills are required
- Ability to manage multiple rapidly changing priorities with minimal supervision is required
- Strong technical writing/documentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusions and generate reports that present sound data driven conclusions is preferred
- A strong focus on sustainability and eComm packaging
- Forward thinking mindset and vision
- This position may require up to 20% travel (primarily domestic and some potential international travel)
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)
R&D Engineering (R&D)