Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Strategy Team Leader
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805673064W
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develops and markets beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Commercial Strategy Team:
This team own all the elements of the marketing mix (price, promotion, place, proposition and product (assortment)). The ultimate success will be measured through delivery of Perfect Store KPIs, ultimately culminating in flawless execution to drive NTS, profit and J&J share.
The role holder will achieve this by working cross functionally across CD, Category & Marketing to develop winning commercial propositions and long-term plans for a select group of brands. The role holder will work with their team and Director across the whole of the Northern European cluster (7 markets), working closely with the Shopper Teams, Northern Europe Cluster Marketing, Finance and local Customer Execution Teams.
- Inputs into development of compelling trade propositions that deliver sustainable support for the company's brands and plans
- Awareness of various retailers' strategies and understanding of how they affect J&J's ability to land commercial strategy
- Carries out Category margin modelling to understand retailer profitability.
- Makes recommendations on improvements to product mix to deliver company and customer profit requirements.
Commercial Strategy & Retailer Fundamentals
- Understands in-market price by sku vs competition.
- Understands promotional objectives by brand and devises strategy, tactics and guidelines that deliver Brand objectives, considering category dynamics, Shopper recommendations and promotional evaluation
- Understands contract prices and makes recommendations where appropriate
- Inputs into GFO cost price increase opportunities by brand incl risk analysis
Monthly Planning Cycle
- Attends monthly IRI/Kantar reviews (with marketing and shopper) for the largest brands to ensure thorough understanding of the market and competitive trends
- Runs monthly account surgeries with all key accounts to understand status
- Carries out post-CFR summary sessions with the demand planner to understand common issues/opportunities.
Realise NPD Potential
- Coordinates commercial input into NPD launches, ensuring excellence in execution-Inputs into financialization of the NPD incl incremental opportunities and the various stages and documents of NPD launches
- Leads the development of the "reasons to say yes" when selling in NPD -shopper behavioural changes, category value drivers, margin enhancing initiatives.
- Coordinates delivery of the tools needed to deliver NPD -launch timings, price & promotional strategy, ranging, merchandising, pack strategies
Integrated Business Planning
- Inputs short term (12 month) view of expected commercial environment by channel/category-value drivers, key insights, customer trends/dynamics
- Owns and presents the key commercial aspects of the brand plan where appropriate
- Support and coach direct report(s) to deliver across all the above
- Ensure clear development plans are in place for the team, providing timely feedback to ensure all key objectives are hit and individuals continue to develop in role (Number of DR’s TBC)
- Internal - UK Business Unit Heads, UK Sales Director, Perfect Store Director, Commercial Planning and Activation Director, Finance, Marketing, Global Shoppers Insights
- External – Customers
- Customer experience as National Account Manager or equivalent/Commercial Strategy useful
- Strong commercial acumen and strategic agility
- Engaging leadership style and ability to lead a team
- Ability to manage an operational and strategic agenda in parallel.
- Excellent IT skills (especially Excel)
- Lead – Has an inner confident to take risk and learn from experience
- Deliver – Assumes Personal Ownership and Accountability for results and solutions and consistently delivers results that meets and exceeds observations
- Shape – Cultivates new and innovate ideas. Demonstrates creative thinking to solve challenges.
- Connect – Works well across groups and puts interest of the team and others above own. Builds teams effectively and inspires follow-ship..
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)