Johnson & Johnson Careers
MAO Trial Manager
Beijing, China; Guangzhou (Canton), China; Taipei, Taiwan; Beijing, China
Clinical Trial Administration
Requisition ID: 1805672613W
• Leads the SMT as the single point of accountability for end-to-end project management including high level budget estimate, protocol development, trial set-up, execution, close-out, analysis and reporting.
• For projects executed in-house, the TM will oversee and support Site Managers, GCO-LTM (if assigned) and other team members in the daily operational activities in line with country specific regulations and internal processes, if required.
• For projects outsourced to a CRO, the TM will oversee and monitor the CRO’s performance on all contracted services.
• Prepares or contributes to high level budget estimate in response to Request for Services followed by detailed budget proposal.
• Leads vendor assessment and selection in consultation with appropriate representatives of the operating company.
• Ensures accurate project budget management and tracking according to plan. Updates project account with scope changes, if any.
• Is accountable for delivery of assigned trials within agreed/projected life of trial budget. Ensures accurate trial budget management and tracking, updates for scope changes and reconciliation of costs, as applicable. Responsible for overall contract management, including review & approval of external service provider (ESP) contracts, change orders and ensures services are delivered per contract.
• Tracks project progress against planned timelines. Monitors patient recruitment rate to ensure that target enrollment will be met across the allocated regions/countries.
• Provides regular status updates to SMT, project owners and Clinical Team members. Ensures required reports are generated and available for real time tracking of project status.
• In coordination with the Functional Manager/CPL, Study Responsible Scientist/Physician (SRS/SRP) and/or Clinical Leader, the TM provides adequate project-specific training to the GCO or CRO teams and to the site staff. Works with GCO/CRO staff in the set-up and coordination of Investigator Meetings, if applicable.
• Maintains project compliance within all applicable Health Authority (HA) regulations, guidelines, internal SOPs and processes. Ensures quality oversight of assigned projects utilizing the available tools so that the project is in a constant state of inspection-readiness. Participates in preparation for, and conduct of, HA inspections and internal Quality Assurance (QA) audits.
• Identifies and proactively manages issues in a timely manner.Communicates regularly with the Functional Manager/CPL/COH. Escalates issues and manages risks related to resources, timelines and budgets.Build proposal for Action Plan(s) with the SMT to implement solutions on a project level.
•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, preferably in Life Sciences (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Nursing, Pharmacy).
•Minimum of 5 years of clinical trial experience in the pharmaceutical industry or CRO. Other relevant experiences and skills may be considered by the hiring manager when considering the candidate’s eligibility.
•Clinical operations knowledge, project management and proficient communication skills are required. Computer literacy is also required.
•Excellent decision-making and strong financial management skills are essential for this position.
•Effective study team leadership skills and proven ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness. Flexibility and ability to manage study teams in a virtual environment are needed.
•Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel in different therapeutic areas is required.
•Experience in managing all study types (interventional, non-interventional, registries) is preferred.
China-Guangdong-Guangzhou (Canton), Taiwan-Taipei-Taipei, China-Beijing-Beijing
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)
Clinical Trial Administration