Johnson & Johnson Careers
Supplier Contracting Services - Snr Specialist
Requisition ID: 1805671759W
Supplier Contracting Services - Senior Specialist
Closing Date: 4th September 2018
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. As part of Global Services, Supplier Contract Services aims to provide services in a highly cost-effective and compliant manner, leveraging our resources in a cross-sector environment in order to ensure Johnson & Johnson puts in place compliant contracts that follow Johnson & Johnson’s standard policies and governance through consistent negotiation practices.
As Supplier Contracting Services Specialist you will be responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature, including interfacing with the business partner (internal and external customers) for such activities as initial proposal discussion and Q&A for low and medium risk agreements. In addition, the Specialist is responsible for performing review of contract requests gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed. You will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts. The types of contracts you will process, with appropriate supervision, include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing the contract execution process, from contract intake through to contract finalization including signature.
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex contract requests in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment.
- Leading, managing, and or participating in various projects to help better the overall COE.
- Provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the contract drafting, review and negotiation process.
- Collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance and other internal functions in order to accomplish this task.
- Assist in establishing, maintaining and training on processes for contract review, approval and executions.
- Assist in developing business strategic initiatives, identifying and implementing process improvements and other solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
- Provide consultation and negotiation support to business partners and sourcing.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree level education in relevant subject
- Experience in the Healthcare industry desirable not essential
- Contract drafting, preparation, review and negotiation agreements are required.
- Commercial Contracting, sourcing or related business experience
- Marketing category management experience advantageous
- Comfortable with complexity and identifying solutions
- Interpret contract provisions and determine acceptability consistent with company policy
- Excellent Problem solving and organizational skills.
- Strong team work and relationship management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (comfortable/confident to positively influence without direct authority).
- Skills with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel are required. PowerPoint skills are preferred.
- A proven ability to deal tactfully and confidently with internal and external customers is required.
- Ability to coach and train others on contracting is required.
- Project management skills
- Exercise independent judgment and decision making with little input from manager.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)