Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager , Health Care Compliance
Greater Mumbai, India
Health Care Compliance
Requisition ID: 1805671694W
Healthcare Compliance Manager
Implements the Health CareCompliance (HCC) program locally under supervision of the Health Care Compliance Officer (HCCO) – Janssen India to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti-corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Serves as a strategic business partner for local management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
- Position reports into the Health Care Compliance Officer (HCCO) – Janssen India
- Requires strong communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Broad business experience and a proven ability to influence business decisions and business partners
- Ability to take complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved
- Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, Pharma, Regulatory or Auditing.
- Proven track record in delivering results, self starter and ability to manage complexity a must
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Manager will ensure that the HCC programeffectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, J&J policies, including the Health Care Business Integrity Guide (HCBI), Prevention of Corruption Act, Medical Council of India guidelines and Uniform Code of Pharmaceuticals Marketing Practices issued by Department of Pharmaceuticals in respective partnering franchises and/or departments:
- Partnering with franchise and/or department leadership team to ensure compliance ownership and right tone at the top.
- Support ethical decision-making capability within the business by participating in franchise and/or department leadership team meeting, reviewing promotional strategies and other significant business initiatives.
- Ensure business activities with Health Care Providers (HCPs)/government officials are planned in consistence with applicable HCC policies and procedures by reviewing and pre-approving those activities.
- Acting as a consultant, provide day-to-day guidance, advice to covered employees.
- Deploy HCC policies and/or procedures in covered franchise and/or department by providing necessary training and/or communication to covered employees, managing changes, and monitoring implementation.
- Manage risks involving third party intermediaries by implementing the due diligence process in covered business areas, including training to business sponsors, coordinating the process with franchise operation team, and reviewing due diligence questionnaires.
- Implementing and following up on the Management Action Plan, and guide the business partners to close gaps and implement corrective actions.
- Implementing the escalation process for serious allegations, as appropriate.
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCP’s and government officials consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework.
- Providing metrics as required.
- Assist investigation related to covered business areas.
- Assist Janssen India HCCO to perform annual risk assessment exercise, by providing input for partnering franchise business
- Interface with legal counsel regarding HCC requirements and interpretation.
- Interface with the global/regional HCC community to share approaches to HCC.
Lead HCC Monitoring activities:
Ensure Janssen India HCC Monitoring programs identify warning signals and/or gaps, and provide meaningful feedback to franchise/department leadership so that appropriate corrective actions are taken accordingly.
Prepare and present Monitoring reports for Compliance Committees
Lead activities related to Audits and Management Action Plans (MAPs):
Coordinate Audit activities with Corporate Internal Audit and provide timely reporting
Coordinate MAPs with relevant business partners
Coordinate with Compliance & Technology Integration team to ensure smooth functioning of EPIC system
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
CA/LLB/CS/MBA/ICWA, advanced degree or equivalent preferred
Minimum of 8 years business experience
Knowledge of the J&J HCBI Guide, FCPA and related regulations
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Demonstrate strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
Breadth of experience in allareas of:
Compliance and regulation
Devising and implementing SOPs
Testing and monitoring
Independent and objective thinker, able to advance ideas and influence others
Manages conflicts in an open and constructive manner
Excels at developing and maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of organisation based on an understanding of their concerns, needs and motivations.
Strong drive for results and solution orientated
Fluent in English (reading, writing, verbal)
High level of integrity with good ethical core values
Ability to make and stand by difficult decisions
COMMENTS: This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities may also be performed by the incumbent.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)
Health Care Compliance