Johnson & Johnson Careers
MSL/Associate MSL Manager
Medical Science Liaison
Requisition ID: 1805670943W
.Be responsible for medical and scientific data and information, product information, and disease areas communication with internal and external clients; To organize local or regional medical educational activities including hospital lectures, city or regional level meeting, TTT etc; responsible for program development, speaker selection, and support; Support Medical Affairs study/program including coordination on IIS submission, review and feedback process; develop and maintain strong network and engage KOL through scientific interactions, gain valuable insights into existing knowledge gaps, scientific data gaps and clinical care gaps, and scientific activities in the therapeutic area and provide inputs to the company medical affairs strategy, plan, and business decision making. Coach/train junior MSLs and manage a small team of 1-4 for local MSL functions.
1. Medical information communication
• To communicate directly and proactively scientific information on the products within the approved label as well as information related to the therapeutic area to KOLs and broader external audiences, including participation in formulary discussions as appropriate.
• Second line support MI to scientific queries of customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Information documents e.g. literatures, safety records, scientific FAQs etc.
• To organize and moderate advisory boards in cooperation with TA groups including TAP, TA product marketing team.
• To provide medical and product training and scientific support to Sales Representatives in coordination with Training Department as appropriate.
• To act as a reference point to Sales Representatives for any scientific query.
2. Medicinal education, medical program and actives
• To organize local or regional medical education activities including program development, speaker selection and support in collaboration with ME as appropriate.
• To support national and regional medical educational events including material development, speaker selection and support in collaboration with ME&TAPs.
• Support medical affairs program and activities at local and regional level.
3. Coach/train junior MSLs and manage a small team of 1-4 for local MSL functions.
• Set up and manage local MSL team.
• Strategic planning for local MSL work.
• Supervise local MSL work and accountable for the outcome.
• Closely collaborate with local sales team and central Mkt/ME functions.
4. Support company medical affairs plan/product plan design
• Responsible for exhaustive collection of information from the in-scope territory regarding existing knowledge gaps, scientific data gaps and clinical care gaps.
• Responsible for providing inputs from the field into the Medical Strategy authored by TA Physicians.
5. KOL development and engagement
• Actively identify, develop and engage key KOLS at regional level.
• Proactive and reactive communication of medical/scientific data to KOLs.
• Through scientific interactions with KOLs, champion medical benefits of products and contribute to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
• Coordination on IIS submission, review and feedback process
6. To maintain updated medical and scientific knowledge about clinical practices and
studies conducted within the therapeutic areas.
7. Ad hoc activities
• Responsible for productive engagement alone or in cross-functional teams with key regional external stakeholders including KOLs but also paying attention to pharmacists, nurses, hospital administrators, government officials etc. as business needs require.
- Medical science, pharmacology with university degree, or Master degree or plus
- Medical Doctor or PhD preferred
- 5-7 years of working experiences in related therapeutic areas
- 2-3 years of MSL experience
- 1. Deep knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data
- 2. Strong influence skills and communication skills to establish and maintain partnership with KOLs and other key stakeholders
- 3. Understanding GCP Principals and HCC requirements
- 4. Good command of English, fluent at writing, speaking and listening
- 5. Good at coaching and management skills
Xian-Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (7043)
Medical Science Liaison