Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Tax Analyst
Requisition ID: 1805670828W
Job Title: Senior Statutory Analyst Reports to (Title): UK Group Tax Manager
Department: Tax & Statutory Reporting
Location: Pinewood Campus Wokingham, United Kingdom
The Senior Tax Analyst will be primarily responsible for the preparation of the Corporation Tax computations & returns of the J&J UK group subsidiaries and management of related direct tax compliance in accordance with local requirements. The role will also support tax & statutory reporting colleagues in the submission of legal entity financial data to US Corporate Tax Group and tax accounting for both local and US GAAP purposes.
• Directly reports to Tax Manager in the UK
• Ultimately reports to Global Tax Operations at US Head Office
• No direct reports
• UK Group Turnover of approx. £2bn across 25+ active subsidiaries
• Sits within UK Tax Centre team which provides corporate tax and external reporting expertise across UK Group companies for both local (IFRS) and US (US GAAP) reporting.
• Preparation of UK corporation tax returns and relevant claims and elections, timely submission within statutory deadlines
• Tax accounting and preparation of tax provisions and disclosures for both UK (IFRS) and US GAAP reporting
• Ongoing assistance with the US tax reporting processes including liaison with finance and Corporate HQ, making sure all deadlines for legal entity submissions are met and accuracy of reporting is maintained
• Assistance with Interest deductibility, Thin Cap, R&D relief, SAO declarations and other tax compliance requirements
• Preparation and submission of annual share based compensation forms to HMRC
• Ad-hoc project tax & accounting advisory work e.g. acquisitions, disposals, VAT, Customs, payroll taxes, etc.
• Foster close working relationships with finance contacts supporting UK legal entities
• High profile presentations to statutory Boards of Directors and key stakeholders
Background information and Main Activities:
• Working with the Tax Manager as part of a team of tax and accounting subject matter experts
• Responsibility for direct tax compliance for all UK legal entities and related submissions, both internal and external
• Reporting to Corporate HQ but with responsibility for UK compliance and reporting
• Close interaction with finance colleagues from all UK group companies as well as external auditors, tax authorities and internal colleagues from all areas of the business
Knowledge / Experience / Skills required
• Accountancy/Tax qualification (ACA, ACCA, CTA) and relevant experience gained in a professional services firm
• 1-2 years post qualification experience
• Strong technical knowledge of UK direct tax
• Experience of tax accounting (particularly under IFRS) preferred
• Ability to deliver results under pressure
• Strong communication skills
• Alphatax knowledge preferred but not essential
• Team player
• Attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and apply experience gained
• Ability to manage workload and prioritise
• Ability to communicate complex issues to non-tax professionals and to make recommendations
Assignment and Planning of Work:
• There must be an ability to stress the importance of deadlines, reporting requirements and default penalties to peers in UK group companies. Therefore an ability to balance conflicting priorities is important.
• There will be extra demands around the quarterly and year-end reporting deadlines as well as statutory reporting deadlines.
• The work can be of a non-routine nature with the timing of advisory projects dictated by business need and so it is necessary to be able to deal with these demands alongside other deadlines.
• Sufficient training courses should be attended each year in order to keep up to date with changing legislation and accounting developments.
Other Working Relationships:
• Develop close working relationship with peers and managers in finance departments (Financial Controllers, Finance Directors, Tax & Reporting peers, shared service centre contacts, EMEA Governance Group etc.)
• Interaction with external auditors and UK tax authorities
• Communication with Corporate HQ, particularly on US tax reporting
• Interaction with other business, finance and tax colleagues across the UK and worldwide as and when required, e.g. Tax Planning, Payroll, HR, Legal, Supply Chain
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)