Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate QC Analyst
Requisition ID: 1805670641W
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets. Johnson & Johnson have more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people.
We have been operating in Ireland for 80 years, employing in excess of 3,725 people across three business sectors Consumer, Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from programme manager
- Personal development and effectiveness training
- Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC located in Ringaskiddy, Cork is dedicated to addressing and solving medical needs, including oncology, haematology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
The successful candidate will join a team responsible for carrying out tasks and projects related to equipment, lab utilities and testing procedures as required by Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). The role requires partnering with other Departments to ensure that all QC testing activities are completed in an efficient manner.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieving competency in laboratory methods and procedures.
- Performing analytical testing activities in relation to method validation and technical transfer activities to ensure that all methods meet ICH, CFR USP and EP guidelines.
- Executing validation, operation, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of equipment and its associated software.
- Writing, executing, reporting and reviewing IQ/OQ and PQ protocols to ensure that all relevant equipment is qualified for cGMP use.
- Performing routine and non-routine analytical testing activities.
- Ensuring that testing and results approval are completed within agreed timeframes
- Writing and reviewing laboratory TMs, SOPs and WIs as directed by company policy.
- Ensuring QC activities are carried out in compliance with product licence commitments, cGMP and company quality standards.
- Dealing with non-conformances/ deviations in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintaining and developing knowledge of analytical technology as well as cGMP standards.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Ability to approach projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2018 or due to graduate in 2019). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a Scientific, Technical or related discipline
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
- Skilled in the use of problem solving tools/techniques an advantage
Duration of Graduate Programme: 23-month programme starting in September 2019
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)