Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate Automation Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805669618W
Position Title: Graduate Automation Engineer
Reporting to: Engineering Team Lead
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets. Johnson & Johnson have more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people.
We have been operating in Ireland for 80 years, employing in excess of 3,725 people across three business sectors Consumer, Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland, located in Castletroy, Limerick, produces a world leading range of contact lenses. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
The successful candidates will join a team focused on supporting manufacturing within the Engineering department. This team ensures all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and the support of day to day operations. This position will provide project experience on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and may also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Johnson & Johnson sites.
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high speed device integration.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
- Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Ability to approach projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from programme manager
- Personal development and effectiveness training
- Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Duration of Graduate Programme: 23-month programme starting in September 2019
- Recent Graduate (2018 or due to graduate in 2019). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree bachelor’s Degree in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
- Skilled in the use of problem solving tools/techniques an advantage
- Good understanding of servo motor closed loop control systems
- Good understanding of process PID control
- Good understanding of logical and sequence control.
- Good understanding of Robot control systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)