Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805669223W
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of healthcare products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices and diagnostics markets. Johnson & Johnson have more than 265 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 126,500 people.
We have been operating in Ireland for 80 years, employing in excess of 3,725 people across three business sectors Consumer, Medical Devices and Pharmaceutical.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from programme manager
- Personal development and effectiveness training
- Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
We are currently looking for graduates for the following sectors of our engineering departments within DePuy Synthes, Cork and Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Limerick:
- New Product Innovation
- Operations Technology Development
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland, located in Castletroy, Limerick, produces a world leading range of contact lenses. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
DePuy Synthes, located in Ringaskiddy, Cork, is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials.
You will join a team focused on supporting manufacturing within the Engineering department. This team ensures all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and the support of day to day operations. This position will provide project experience on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and may also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Johnson & Johnson sites.
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Supporting business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology
- Driving process improvements/capacity increases through new technology/equipment introductions
- Working with all departments in ensuring operational effectiveness and developing product quality for business continuity and process/product introductions.
- Working with the various departments/groups in development and execution of validation activities associated with new equipment
- Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Preparation and project management of line moves/ transfers including supporting documentation.
- Participates in project teams and provides technical support.
- Ensure that all activity is carried out in accordance with both internal and external Health and Safety and Environmental standards for both new and existing installations.
- Works with manager / team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Monitor project plans and schedules to ensure deliverables on time and within budget.
- Monitor and analyse opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities
Recent Graduate (2018 or due to graduate in 2019). You will hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a Quality or Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing Engineering related discipline
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
- Skilled in the use of problem solving tools/techniques an advantage
- Ability to approach projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
Closing date for applications: 31st October 2018
Duration of Graduate Programme: 23-month programme starting in September 2019
Please outline your location preference, Cork and/or Limerick on your CV
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Limerick-Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)