Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sales Training Manager
Requisition ID: 1805668823W
Position Title: UK Training Manager
J&J Pay Grade: 26
Department: Customer Development
Reports to: Head of Professional Development
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Our Family of Companies comprises: The world’s premier consumer health company. The world’s largest and most diverse medical devices company. The world’s third-largest biologics company. And the world’s sixth-largest pharmaceuticals company. We have more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 120,200 people.
Take the opportunity to become part of the success story behind one of the world’s fastest growing consumer companies. At Johnson & Johnson we have a truly unrivalled brand portfolio with power brands across multiple categories including but not limited to Johnson’s®, Neutrogena®, Clean & Clear®, Listerine®, Calpol®, and Sudafed®. We have achieved consistent growth and our breakthrough plans make this a great place to further your career.
The UK Training Manager (UKTM) is responsible for training and developing members of the Pharmacy and Professional Sales Channel to drive strategic customer relationships and upskill commercial acumen. Throughout the professional sales force the main objective is to achieve advocacy, active recommendation and therefore increased sales through the delivery of training to targeted groups of HCP’s, Field Sales Force Development Managers and Territory Managers in addition to Independent Pharmacy/ Multiple Pharmacy & throughout the UK & across the identified priority Consumer categories.
The training to be accessible remotely (hard copy and on-line) and delivered Face to Face, via Conferences and other communications where appropriate. This to be achieved by applying category and product knowledge with excellent presentation skills.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key Customer Development, Field Sales Force & Marketing individuals. The key objectives being to identify training opportunities & prioritising strategically important brands and customers as identified in the Company ‘Must Win Battles’.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with key contacts
- Deliver product training to targeted groups of HCP’s, Undergraduates, Pre -Registration students, from Independent Pharmacy/ Multiple Pharmacy & Universities, also to External Managers, Team Managers, Sales Support Staff, Skincare Advisors.
- Complete Training Evaluation Summaries and act on feedback provided to ensure best practice is maintained.
- Work with colleagues in HR and the FSF to induct Graduate intake each year with a pharmacy overview, introduction to J&J, training on key categories and selling skills.
- Where appropriate train Field Sales force on new products, claims, indications, commercial, category and shopper initiatives. Also provide refresher training in advance of key commercial initiatives.
- Integrate into the total Pharmacy channel working with the people managers to identify training needs and training session development.
- Ensure quality and compliance by complying with the laws, regulations and industry codes governing interactions with Health Care Professionals and/or Government Officials
- Objectives that support the delivery of compliance and quality include the completion of all mandatory training, the necessary due diligence of third party intermediaries, and the support/completion of work for internal/external audit.
- All HCP interface to comply with policy including:
- Fee for service
- Promotional presentations
- Educational Grants
- Sampling to be given out in line with HCC regulations, as stated in Standards and Tasks.
- Stock reconciliation form completed in line with HCC regulations, as stated in Standards and Tasks and submitted to the Head of Professional Development on a monthly basis.
- Fully comply with statutory obligations by immediately reporting all Customer Complaints and Adverse Events
- Respond with a sense of urgency and efficiency to Customer queries.
- A recognised Degree (or equivalent) qualification is highly desirable. For individuals with appropriate training or sales experience but without a Degree, two A levels and five GCSE at A-C including English Language, Maths would be acceptable.
- Top class presentation skills are essential. Computer literacy is also essential.
- Ideally have a background in commercial, category, science, healthcare or training.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to generate and maintain strong commercial and professional relationships with customers.
- General abilities and skills:
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent organisational skills
- Written communication skills, internal and external
- In-depth category and product knowledge of J&J portfolio to transfer to team and audience
- Strong presentation/facilitation skills (10 – 450 delegates)
- National meetings
- Team and customer meetings
- Training programs
- Industry events
Understands customer business potential and strives to identify their needs. Establishes open relationships gaining confidence, trust and respect. Responds to customer queries with a sense of urgency and efficiency.
Ability to conduct clear, logical conversation. Ability to effectively use verbal and non-verbal communication skills using appropriate body language for each interaction. Ability to write concisely and clearly.
Maintains customer records, reporting systems and expenses in an orderly fashion. Carefully utilises company assets (eg. car, laptops, mobiles). Understands and complies with company policies and processes. Analyses results, establishes goals and manages/prioritises time effectively.
Seizes opportunities by anticipating implications and consequences of internal opportunities and external trends. Actively plans for the future and has a forward thinking approach.
INNOVATION AND CREATIVITY
Challenges existing practices and assumptions to achieve improvement. Able to evolve and apply new ideas. Anticipates, understands and manages change
Works effectively in teams and cross functionally. Promotes open discussion and shares information freely to build the success of the team.
Identifies personal learning requirements, proactively seeks solutions and demonstrates the desire to develop the skill sets – including IT-required to execute the role. Actively participates in meetings, training programs and applies the relevant learning’s.
MARKET AND PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
Understands the external business environment. Has excellent knowledge of own and competitor products.
Johnson & Johnson is a supporter of equal opportunities and is a proud member of Disability Confidant.
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)