In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices & Diagnostics, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices & Diagnostics Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Main product of Biosense Webster product is the CARTO 3 EP navigation system, which is designed to visualise the real-time calculated position and orientation of a specialised RF ablation catheter
within the patient’s heart. The goal of this technology is to minimise radiation exposure
, increase the accuracy of targeted RF ablation and reacquisition of pacing
sites for re-ablation
. Biosense Webster’s products have been in the hands of healthcare practitioners, transforming their work and restoring the lives of patients they serve. As part of the Surgical Care Group of Johnson & Johnson, the commitment to improving and enhancing the lives of patients is fully realized when the products are in the hands of the customers. With a legacy of innovation and industry-leading experience, the company’s created new ways to care for patients. By understanding the complex ways in which materials interact with the tissue of the human body, the organization has created a portfolio of products that advance healthcare across the spectrum of medicine.
Responsible for building relationship with customers and for developing the business in a district/territory/region for the franchise, in a manner consistent with the CREDO, company policy and goals, and in line with franchise direction. This may involve developing new businesses, expanding into new territories and establishing new dealer network. Develops and implements sales strategies and objectives. Have in-depth knowledge for the products responsible, and a good understanding of other J&J products and service offerings. Has in-depth knowledge customer's needs and sharpened competitive knowledge and market trends. Through effective leadership, inspires leads, directs, motivates, coaches and develops sales team to achieve/exceed sales target. Works with all levels of customer management, developing long-term positive customer relationships to increase customer satisfaction, and build loyalty and confidence in J&J Medical as a preferred supplier.
- Leading Capital sales for BW (Each units costing 1.5 Cr), PAN India with sales target. Lead generation and manage AIDINC process for CARTO and Smart ablate.
- Travelling across the India for 15 days a month. Expert in prospecting, indent generation, budget allocation & prioritization, expert in negotiations, timely AR collections and deliver beyond sales target. Proven record in handling government tenders, dealer management and great team player.
- Drive ProfEd activities with potential customers for CARTO adoption. Develop CEO sites in existing CARTO centers and execute SOCM “ Science of CARTO Mapping” program for potential CARTO users.
- Lead workshops/Live demos in potential CARTO centers. Design & execute CARTO certification program for fellows undergoing EP program. Building lead pipeline working with leading government & pvt cardiac teaching institution. Lead CARTO club sessions in the major EP conferences. Lead PR activity in new CARTO centers to strengthen our brand equity in market place.
- Engage leading KOL’s to share their best practice through various testimonials- Digital platform. Partnering with leading institutions to establish CARTO labs for the certified CARTO customers.
- Work with policy makers- MCI to incorporate mandate CARTO training in DM teaching institution.
- In-depth understanding of current and future customers needs and translate them into sales opportunities with the help of the team
- Direct coverage expansion and conversion.
- Work in the field with each team member to achieve effective coverage of key accounts; maintain high level of customer rapport and reinforce company's commitment to superior customer services
- Analyze competitive market environment base on thorough knowledge of competitor's structure, culture, manpower, distribution, capabilities and weakness, as well as thorough knowledge of customer's support and preferences for competitive products and services
- Base on customers short and long term needs, competitive threats/environment, and current and future market trends, conduct SWOT analysis for the territory responsible
- Based on results of SWOT analysis, set direction, strategies and plans for the territory/region/key accounts, to achieve dept/functional goals; communicate plans and ensure they are understood by the team and related sales/marketing groups
- Develop a sales plan for each territory; set realistic attainable sales objectives by customer and product groups, and by monthly/quarterly/annual targets
- Has expert knowledge of sales process and expert selling skills to make effective sales call, to teach others and to improve current selling process
- In-depth understanding of internal organization (J&J) resources, priorities and needs, relating to the business operations and achievement of sales plan
- Administrative responsibilities like HCC, A&SP and other activities with help of branch assistant.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all levels of customers to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction
- Research and identify key customer's critical success factors as a basis for identifying innovative sales and service opportunities which will deliver improved customer business performance and healthcare outcomes
- Direct the development/implementation of strategies and plans to increase customer satisfaction, confidence and loyalty
- Design innovative customer support services/tender arrangements including E-initiatives and optimal use of company value-added services
- Set up appropriate systems, e.g., regular meetings with customers to obtain their feedback and monitor customer perceptions, and use feedback to improve performance
- Ensure compliance with the "Customer Complaints Procedure"; customer issues/ complaints are attended to promptly and professionally to customer's satisfaction
- Ensure appropriate problem solving strategies are used by sales team when dealing with product or service difficulties
Internal Business Process
- Manage internal relationships and processes enabling flexibility and responsiveness in drawing on internal specialists, accessing information and support as needed
- Optimise sales results through close alignment and cooperation with Franchise Marketing team
- Use internal resources and own working knowledge of supply chain processes and principles of Health Economics as a basis for identifying opportunities for service innovation
- Work with/involve appropriate functions when developing sales incentives programs
- Judiciously manage operating expenses, (transportation, A&P, entertainment, travel) while ensuring sustainable productivity
- Monitor inventory level to meet inventory level objectives; ensure inventory levels are adequate in major product categories in accordance with inventory objectives
- Identify specific actions to improve job performance in specific areas
- Participate in nominated training programs
- Active self-learning strategies to maintain knowledge
- Focused effort to achieve high levels of performance in knowledge tests and competency assessments related to training
- 2+ years’ experience with Post-Graduation Degree in Business Management from premier institutes only
- Applicants with Cardio Vascular Sales experience/Arrhythmia products are preferred.
- Applicant should be flexible to travel more than 15 days a month across India
- Open for all healthcare profiles as well.
- Language Proficiency (English, Hindi, Malayalam Preferred, Not Mandatory)
CONNECT - Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- Cultivate external relationships and partnerships
- Be insight-driven to uncover unmet needs
- Forge internal collaboration across levels of the enterprise
SHAPE – Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally.
- Translate insights into innovative and viable products or solutions that create value
- Challenge the status quo; lead and adapt to change
- Take and properly manage risks
LEAD – Create an environment where leadership and talent development is top priority.
- Take ownership for and/or support talent acquisition, performance and development of self and others
- Leverage diverse perspectives, backgrounds and talent
- Engage in transparent and constructive conversations
DELIVER – Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams.
- Empower people to act with speed, agility and ensure accountability
- Demonstrate a global and/or enterprise-wide mind set
- Align goals with short- and long-term strategies
Quality, Regulatory & Compliance (QRC) Responsibilities
- Understand complaint & adverse event reporting responsibility and report such events within 24 hours of becoming aware.
- Attend applicable training sessions as well as complete mandatory on-line e University trainings and submit training records to the supervisor / franchise secretary and work as per the applicable SOPs and guidelines.
- Follow Bio-Safety practices while handling complaint samples and while working in the field. (Applicable for Sales & Marketing personnel and QA personnel).
- Use product samples, demo units when issued; for the designated purpose only.
- Report any evidence of product tampering, diversion and counterfeiting to the Brand Integrity function (Applicable for Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain and QA personnel)
- Participate in execution of Field Action (Product Recall, Distribution of Field Safety Alerts, etc.) and complete the assigned tasks in a timely manner (Applicable for Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain, RA, QA, Legal, Corporate Communication personnel).
- Promotional materials used in the field are duly approved through the Copy Review process (Applicable for marketing personnel).