Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Data Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805667936W
Position Title: Principal Data Scientist
Report to: Senior Manager, Advanced Analytics
Location: Vision Care, Limerick
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
As Principal Data Scientist: You will be a core team member in Advanced Analytics department supporting QA and MAKE engineering. You will work closely with interdisciplinary teams to identify viable data science opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. You will collaborate closely with engineering leaders to lead projects to optimize the manufacturing process to improve lens yield and quality. The principal data scientist will ensure the application of appropriate methodology to resolve business problems and meet project objectives with a demonstrated understanding of the business application. You will be encouraged and expected to keep up to date on new developments and technologies in the data science discipline. You will exercise judgement in the selection of data mining methods to ensure results are accurate and reproducible. You will work cross-functionally to understand source data and to identify and resolve data integrity issues. You will be effective in the use of relevant computational tools for data exploration, preparation, and analysis. You will establish and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers.
To be successful in this role: You must be a highly collaborative, curious team-player and effective communicator. You must be able to translate complex business problems into an actionable analytics framework. You should have strong problem solving skills and the ability to work on small to large projects within a team environment. The principal data scientist must have the ability to explore and transform data for analysis based on business knowledge. You must have a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and the creativity to customize solutions that go beyond current tools when necessary to deliver data-driven insights. You must be willing to participate in project teams and interact closely with scientific colleagues across various disciplines.
· Master’s degree (or higher) in a statistics discipline is required (e.g. Mathematics, statistics, data science, machine learning, or related field with sufficient concentration of coursework in statistics).
· A minimum of 7+ years of analytics experience in a professional setting.
· An excellent knowledge of data mining algorithms for both supervised and unsupervised learning is required (e.g. generalized linear mixed models, classification and regression trees, gradient boosting, neural networks, support vector machines, k-means clustering, random forests, ensemble modeling).
· End-to-end experience with data, including querying, aggregation, analysis, and visualization is required.
· Expertise in at least one statistical programming language for data mining and/or machine learning is required (e.g. Python, R, SAS).
· Proficiency in Python is preferred.
· Experience with visualization software/tools such as R, Spotfire, Tableau, etc. is preferred.
· Familiarity with large datasets, understanding of data analysis workflows, and/or knowledge of querying languages such as SQL is preferred.
· Familiarity with big data software such as Hadoop is preferred.
· Medical device and/or manufacturing industry experience is preferred.
to effectively communicate technical work to a wide audience is required.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)