Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Strategic Sourcing Manager
Requisition ID: 1805667575W
Reporting to Category Lead (Associate Director – Strategic Sourcing, Packaging) , the position of Associate Strategic Sourcing Manager is designed to make a strong contribution towards the overall Strategic Sourcing objectives for the nominated material categories under packaging, covering Asia Pacific. This position will manage plastic based flexible packaging spend (Mainly Labels, Films, Sleeves and Polybags). The position requires close interdependent partnering with In-Plant Procurement teams, Packaging Engineering, Material supply management, Manufacturing, R&D / TA / GP, SFO, Sourcing organizations in other regions, and ad hoc project teams.
The position will be based in Singapore.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop Material Sourcing Strategy: Lead cross-functional team to deep dive business needs, conduct industry analysis/benchmarking, identify gaps and unmet needs, then develop / Support (As per applicable) Regional Sourcing Strategy for nominated material categories; be responsible for sourcing strategy implementation.
- Represent Strategic Sourcing in extended Business Unit teams to support end to end initiatives and programs.
- Supplier development: Lead supplier identification/selection process and supplier relationship management to continuously meet J&J business needs.
- Drive Cost Improvement Programs (CIP).
- Be fully accountable for CIP target (one-team result); identify cost improvement programs, price negotiation and sourcing change, etc. to continuously achieve category cost improvement target.
- Lead CIP on-time and flawless implementation and tracking monthly realized benefits
- Validate if the initiatives in specific sites are in line with regional sourcing strategy; lead the possible re-application to other J&J sites (best practice roll-out).
- Build Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
- Take leadership to develop BCP for bottles/caps category.
- Collaborate with cross functions to execute BCP flawlessly; develop action plans to track BCP implementation and so results.
- Inflation control: Keep track of category external/macro situation; analyze potential cost impact; lead the negotiations with suppliers to minimize/eliminate inflations that come from feedstock price fluctuation, currency fluctuation, etc.
- Support New Product Introduction/Development (NPI/NPD).
- Lead new materials development with other key functions to support NPI/NPDs.
- Identify capable/competitive suppliers together with alternative options to meet new product needs and cost objectives.
- Supplier Capacity Management: Lead the supplier capacity analysis to make sure reliable material supply to meet J&J requirement.
- Continuous Process Improvement: Drive the suppliers to implement proven existing processes, or develop new process to for continuous improvement and finally drive more value to J&J business.
- Contract management: Facilitate the establishment of optimum supply agreements and ensure that they are aligned with category strategy to ensure business continuity through the agreements.
The position will be measured primarily on:
- The performance of the supplier base: quality, reliability, compliance and costs
- The effectiveness of the materials supply: inventory levels, lead-times, responsiveness, BCP.
- Financials: Cost Optimization, inflation/deflation
- Complexity reduction: spec portfolio, supplier base
- Process improvements: Mold Management Process
- Innovations delivered via external suppliers (SEI)
- Collaboration: within and beyond Strategic Sourcing with internal customers, within Global Purchasing
- University degree in Business, Operations/Logistics, Engineering, Science
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in international environment
- Analytical and Process oriented.
- Commercial, Strategy Development, and Negotiations skills.
- Results oriented and able to independently create and deliver.
- Project Management experience.
- Communication and presentation skills
- Decision Making / Problem Solving
- Commercial Agreements/Legal knowledge
- Quick adaptability to changes and new environment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)