Johnson & Johnson Loopbaan
(senior) Reliability Engineer- Asset
Requisition ID: 1805667399W
Janssen, the pharmaceutical department of Johnson & Johnson is the most innovating pharmaceutical company in the world. Since 2009 13 new medicines have been launched of which several ground-breaking in their therapeutic area
A. Context and definition
The ultimate goal of MAM Geel is to be a technological/technical solutions provider for Development and Production of small molecule API’s (active pharmaceutical ingredients), focusing on process installations. MAM Geel leads or supports the following business processes, always in close collaboration with other functions such as Production, Compliance, Development/PDMS (Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacturing Sciences ), TO (Technical Operations):
- Master planning of facilities, infrastructure and equipment, including capital portfolio management;
- Site project prioritization and program management;
- Capital projects management: problem definition, business case development and selection of alternatives, implementation, resource management, document management, and after care;
- New Technologies, including scouting and pilot implementations;
- Compliance, qualification, periodic review;
- Knowledge Management (process technologies);
- Maintenance and lifecycle management of process installations
All of this is embedded in an environment characterized by high investment levels, increasing complexity and need for external collaboration, and an increasing need for new technologies and innovation. Within JSC (Janssen Supply Chain), MAM is a critical partner with respect to the evaluation and introduction of new process technologies for small molecule API Development and Production.
POSITION SUMMARY GENERAL:
Responsible for driving the reliability performance & improvement of manufacturing equipment
- Develop a long-term vision and plan for manufacturing equipment reliability performance improvement
- Drive an integrated risk management approach for EHSS, Quality and technical reliability in a cost-effective way
- Develop standards (work processes, methodologies, technology solutions) across the equipment lifecycle
- Monitor and analyze the reliability performance, and drive root cause elimination & improvements
- Coordinate across engineering, maintenance and operations
- Drive technological innovation within MAM (industry 4.0)
- Own, develop and deploy risk management at site/platform level, including:
- Base Business Capital Replacement Planning Process in connection with platform
- Shape and lead the reliability components in the Site Asset Masterplans (SAMP)
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation methodologies (FMECA, HAZOP, RCM, …)
- Integration of changes and new equipment’s into maintenance
- Corrective, Preventive, Condition Based, Predictive Maintenance Strategies and technology therefore
- Fault/Root Cause Analysis and Review (FRACAS)
- Monitoring of work process performance as well as manufacturing equipment reliability performance
- Identifying and scoping opportunities for improvement, and follow-through on realization
- Overseeing cross-plant and cross site optimization
- Acting as formal spokesperson during internal and external audits
- Keep senior management informed on reliability performance through reports by creating, maintaining, and presenting written reports & KPI’s on project and program status, tests, costs, issues, and performance against established targets on a regular basis.
- Identify, develop & deploy opportunities for improvement related to new available technology’s.
Act as a Subject Matter Expert with respect to reliability performance and risk management:
- Strong involvement in the design and hand-over of new manufacturing equipment
- Strong involvement in the development of engineering standards for equipment
- Strong involvement in conducting equipment performance reviews
- Strong involvement in ad-hoc root cause analysis on critical production installations
- Continuous monitoring of new developments in the field of professional maintenance
- Monitoring, evaluating and piloting new technologies to support the reliability targets
- Lead execution of site and/or cross-site and strategic reliability projects and initiatives in the platform.
- Master’s degree/MBA/PhD. with 4-6 years of experience in engineering, reliability, maintenance. Process Excellence/PMP Certification is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-9 years of experience.
- And/ Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven track record in Engineering and Maintenance in the pharmaceutical industry including safety and (product) quality critical technical expertise.
- Strong technical skills in pharmaceutical equipment and facilities engineering.
- Strong communication skills, written & spoken, in local language (Dutch) as well as English.
- Supports in defining department, project and/or program goals and tactics.
- Defines objectives to achieve targets on a business unit level, site or platform level.
- Delivers regional small projects, global project work streams or departmental programs successfully under limited supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience in scientific or technical core area.
- Overall knowledge of multiple technical and business disciplines.
- Demonstrates collaborative leadership skills and/or leads small cross functional teams under limited supervision.
- Delivers small change projects or executes programs versus objectives.
- Independently plans and prioritizes work for completion.
- Promotes innovative solutions in core area.
- Improves processes and/or methodologies.
- High degree of collaboration with internal partners (manufacturing, EHSS, quality, engineering, maintenance) to develop standards and define needs and priorities;
- You take initiative and on top of being an autonomous colleague, you are also a genuine team player who contributes to results and to a pleasant working environment together with his/her colleagues.
- Extensive interaction with industry (benchmarking, collaboration) as well as external partners (remove barriers, clarify roles and responsibilities, drive adherence to expectations).
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)